"Explaining Your Beliefs About Homosexuality"

by wizzstick 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Is this new?

It's doing the rounds but I've not seen it before.

Explaining Your Beliefs About Homosexuality

There are three pages. Here are my thoughts on each question on the pages:

Sometimes when people say that the Bible is out-of-date,what they really mean is that its standards differ from theirs. Do you think the person you’re talking with feels that all Bible standards are outdated—including its prohibition of theft, adultery and murder?

Some Bible standards are still applicable to today. But some are not, these include:

Allowance of slavery

Allowance of beating of slaves

Prohibition on the eating of pork

Prohibition on touching the mole rat, the mouse, every kind of lizard, the gecko, the large lizard, the newt, the sand lizard, and the chameleon.

Prohibition on beards and masturbation...(oh wait, that's the WT's rules eh?)

And yeah, the prohibition of homosexuality. If animals can be created gay, then what's the issue with people?

What other kinds of conduct can be deeply ingrained? For example, Proverbs 29:22 says that some people are “prone to anger ”and “disposed tor age.” The apostle Paul even said about himself: "When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me.” (Romans 7:21) Must we always act on the urges that we feel?

Your sexuality doesn't have a switch you can throw! It's like if God suddenly said that a man should only sleep with a man. What would the heterosexual population do? Could they suddenly create homosexual feelings? No you morons! You can take anger management classes but you can't change your sexual feelings, you can only spend your life trying to ignore them and getting psychologically damaged in the process.

Idiots.

Might it be that the person has a friend or relative who is gay or lesbian. Does the person think that rejecting what someone practices makes you reject him or her as an individual? Does the person really understand your view of homosexuality?

Also: Are others being tolerant if they expect you to change your view to match theirs?

What they practice is normal, so your rejection of them is wrong! If people rejected you, shunned you because you practice heterosexuality how would that make you feel?

The tragedy is this is aimed at teenagers. Who very probably have got friends who will come out. And this is the support they'll get from Bro Jay Dub.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Archived so they can never claim they didn't say these things.

Note that in the FAQ, they never address the question directly. Instead they answer a different question, "What does the bible say?".

Newsflash: The Bible is wrong on a great number of things. Slavery, Rape, Human Origins, Heliocentric solar system, Homosexuality, Treatment of women, Genocide....

• sir82
    sir82

Also: Are others being tolerant if they expect you to change your view to match theirs?

How thoroughly bizarre.

The WTS has just painted itself as intolerant because it expects its adherents to match their views to WT views.

• Wayward
    Wayward

JW- "I don't hate you. I hate that you're gay. So I'm going to shun you and treat you like you're crap until you stop being gay. But I don't hate you." Uhmmmm...riiiiight.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Archived so they can never claim they didn't say these things.

Thanks fella.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So you can get an idea of how life is for a born in who's gay, like me.

• steve2
    steve2

A fervent Christian once declared to me with an overly reddened face that, "In Scripture, homosexuality is an abomination."

I replied, "Yes, okay, but I'm still waiting to hear what's bad about homosexuality. An abomination sounds very exciting!"

He stared at me and walked away.

I felt like calling out, "Hey come back and let's commit an abomination together," but I restrained myself.

A gorgeous girl like me's got her pride you know.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@WifiBandit,

Do you also archive to https://archive.org/web/ ?

It retains the original formatting (more or less) and is searchable...

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

WT has started to put a No Crawl to keep bots off their sites, so it doesn't always work.

That said, Here it is: https://web.archive.org/web/20160928231855/https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teenagers/ask/is-homosexuality-wrong/

• DJS
    DJS

Steve2,

It's only an abomination of your'e doing it right. Dubs wouldn't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit