I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• freddo
    freddo

S&L is now "Formerly SandL" - he's posted under his new name in the post two back from this one.

For what it's worth he has now convinced me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

@Diogenesister "..its really hard to find a therapist who understands in the UK at least. ( not to derail the thread)Do you really think there's a possibility idiots may get heavy with JWs?? I know vigilante stuff has happened in the past."

The best therapists are the ones who've been through it themselves. Any ex-jdub who's gone into psychology is quids-in! Unfortunately, they're rare as hens teeth. Maybe more will start advertising if dubland explodes!

"Idiots getting heavy?" Yes! It's a possibility. If the amount of child abuse cases gone unreported is in it's thousands which it's sure to be, gets into the main news which it sure will do, expect the worst! Media frenzy!!!! It won't be like anything else we've seen regarding jdubs. Uk is now a very different kettle of fish to what it was twenty years ago. The anger at unrelated goings on of the country are at a peak and every scandal that's outed is being jumped on by vigilantes who don't even know what they're fighting against - or who. It might be a blessing in disguise that there are so many kingdom halls to spread the thugs thin on the ground but if any of our loved ones live alone in a not so idyllic community that knows they're a dub... well, i'll be taking my mum from her home. It depends how accurate the media is in getting over the correct information but if derek o'hare's tube channel is seen as an example on how to deal with it by people who don't know anything about the witnesses... heaven help us! It will frighten my mum to death! Expect the worst at kingdom halls! And i doubt those f@ckers, the GB will turn up this time. They'll send a minion, if that. Stand up for Jehovah? Yeah, right!

(I know this is all off topic but just replying.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit