My JW-Related Musical Experiences

by Roger Kirkpatrick 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I seem to recall a 70's soccer referee by the name of Roger Kirkpatrick. He was a funny fella, once he was even awarded Man of the Match.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

That was so interesting! Please remember to tell us when the book is available.

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

In all fairness to john.prestor, I feel that he expressed a valid point, particularly in view of my last statement that I have a forthcoming book, which I do not. I added that facetious statement because of the length of my OP. I would have edited that last remark if I could have which I agree cast an unintended slant on the foregoing anecdotes. I was not offended in the least by john.prestor's constructive caution, and I appreciate his candor. Thank you, all, for your kind responses!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Roger - I don't even know if she's alive now, I know her husband passed ten plus years ago, but back in the day did you know the jazz trumpet player Jimmy Cleveland and his wife Janet? Back in the 40's and 50's she was a singer, Quincy Jones even mentioned her in his biography he wrote a while back. She was a JW but her husband wasn't. She was my piano teacher in the late 60's-early 70's and he was in the band of The Merv Griffin Show at that time. The show moved to LA and they moved to California in the late 70's,

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I am in AWE!im an avid guitarist and fiddle player. I too had a good experience with musicians in the borg but not to that standard. Just a couple of guys playing blue grass.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

I have met a few musicians, who were professional until they became witnesses, and then gave it up. They still play, occasionally, but at least 3 that I knew, felt that continuing playing as a professional was detrimental to their being a witness, and gave it up, sadly.

I enjoyed your story, especially the connection to EC, as he is my favorite guitarist of all time. Incredible the number of witnesses who have at one time or another, made a living playing music, even some who've become well known. Very interesting. I would love to hear more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit