elder visit update

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Don't confuse me with the facts.

Too many elders already come with their minds made up as to the situation and the status of the people they are visiting.

I'm glad that it seems that you were able to deflect them, Mulan and Dave.

Blondie

• 95stormfront
  • 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    When they left about 15 minutes, I found my 4-pages document in the rubish-bin outside the apartment. They scare to read their own rubbish !!!!!

....what a great display of respect for that "fine provision" provided by the FDS...

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Mulan, seemed no matter what; skillful questioning and turning their statements around, just kept leading them back to:

'we have to make an announcement to disassociate' and what I liked, is that you folks although engaged in conversation with them, were clearly not playing by T H E I R rules.

3 Cheers for you two.

Still, it's weird when you think of how it USED to be to how it is NOW.

Makes you glad you're outta there, eh?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mulan!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{and one for your mom too!}}}}}}}}}}}}}

What a great way you and your husband handled the Gestapo! Here's my own undereducated thoughts. They're pressing the question "do you still consider yourselves Jehovah's Witnesses?" trying to back you into a corner. So when they ask, throw them a curve and tell them "why of course we do!". You can force them into a corner themselves where they eventually will have only 2 options, either just leave you alone or disfellowship you for not attending meetings and going out in service. And if they were to df you for that, you'd have one hell of a lawsuit. I say work it and get paid dear!

Mike.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's unfair, to say the least (and I am understating), that they used that manuever "do you still consider yourselves Jehovah's Witnesses?". You both handled things well Mulan, and hopefully, they won't be back.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    when they ask, throw them a curve and tell them "why of course we do!".

I had left out of my narrative that they asked if we wanted to be put on a book study list, even though we are inactive, and then we would get regular shepherding calls. Our answer to that was "no", so the next question was about "do we consider ourselves JW's". If we had said "yes" they would have wanted to shepherd us. Booooo.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"I had left out of my narrative that they asked if we wanted to be put on a book study list, even though we are inactive, and then we would get regular shepherding calls. Our answer to that was "no", so the next question was about "do we consider ourselves JW's". If we had said "yes" they would have wanted to shepherd us. Booooo."

Oh, Mulan,

They pretend to be so interested in your "spiritual welfare", but when they speak, those little snakes keep slithering out between their words of caring and concern. You can SEE exactly what they're thinking just by questions like that, cuz you're da**ed if you do, and MORE da**ed if you don't. They are SOOOO oily!

I think you handled things just fine. It's extremely difficult to feel at ease and carry on a "normal" conversation when you KNOW someone is evaluating EVERY word you say and TRYING to back you into their trap.

Hugs to you and you're household,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit