Ex JW Campaign Day

by Tight Pants Twinkle Toes 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tight Pants Twinkle Toes
    Tight Pants Twinkle Toes

Hi Folks, Tight Pants Twinkle Toes here - my first post. I am the husband of the new poster Finally Left. We both recently left, my wife after 43 years and 46 years for me.

I wanted to address something I have been thinking about. We are all interested in helping witnesses who are in at the moment get out. Though some find that standing up in Kingdom Halls and praying, approaching witnesses in cart work or picketing at the assemblies thinks it is going free these ones from the cult, I am of the opinion it does just the opposite. It does make apostates look mentally diseased.

May I suggest this? We were all trained to present our point of view to our neighbors face to face, door to door, parking lots, bus stations etc. How about rather than whistling down a pipe, preaching to the choir, we take the message to the people who will listen. Let them do the work for us. I propose a national anti Witness day where we all put on our Sunday best and go back to the streets, homes, parking lots, bus stations with a simple message like this one.

Dear Neighbor,

I was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses for decades. I wanted to apologize for coming to your home with what I realize now is a false message. I think people can believe what they want to until it harms others. JW’s have many false teachings, however these 4 are extremely harmful.

1. They protect pedophiles in their congregations. Please visit the Australian Royal Commission website. There you will find documented proof of their cover-up. In Australia alone they have over 1000 pedophiles in their records and none of these perpetrators and their crimes were reported to the police. This is a worldwide cover-up. Google Jehovah’s Witnesses versus Candice Conti for just one disgusting example.

2. Blood transfusions – they recently changed their policies and now it is ok to take a blood fraction, but yet they cannot take a blood transfusion – what is the difference? This results in the deaths of many, including children.

3. Shunning – when a member leaves they are totally shunned by the JW community. This includes their own children and family. It has resulted in suicide, depression, grandparents never seeing their grandchildren and broken families.

4. No college – higher education is greatly discouraged. How do they expect young ones to make it? They would rather that they mindlessly slave for the Watchtower and remain in ignorance and poverty.

Next time Jehovah’s Witnesses come to your door ask them to explain these 4 points. When they cannot answer you satisfactorily ask them to place you on their do not call list and they will never bother you again. Please share this message with others so they are protected as well.

Sincerely,

A very happy ex Jehovah’s Witness

Rather than a few preaching to the masses let the masses preach to the few. If witnesses have to answer these questions they are going to return to their elders and ask why didn't you tell us about the ARC? All you could talk about is Russia, Russia, Russia.

Think about it - all those mind numbing service meetings where we learned to preach the word. By doing this we can show ole Tight Pants and the rest of them how well we learned our lessons and have not lost our edge.

If any of you know Lloyd Evans, JW Struggle, Apostate Chic, Mike & Kim, the Great Apostate, Cali Girl, Critical Thinker, I'm Worldly and all of our other ex brothers, spread the word, lets find a date and show them what we are made of.

You could print off this message or make your own, keep them in your pocket and share with friends and families, while shopping just like we were trained. Take it to the ministers of your local churches as a public service announcement. We have been waiting for a Pearl Harbor or 9/11. It was handed to us on a silver platter by Angus Stewart and the ARC.

What do you think?

• phats
    phats

Hah! We've all probably been taught better that most out there "In the world" how to use all the opportunities, all the tricks;) This would be great because all this skill set we all had been painfully put through over our years. Ministry Schools & all that horror. We now we can turn that back on the buggers. "Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom" In a Mel Gibson styli.

Phats.

• sir82
    sir82

I appreciate the sentiment, but you'd have better success herding cats.

• Simon
    Simon

I can understand the desire to want to do something after spending so long in the WTS. We all have a sense of lost time and lives wasted because of it. Who wouldn't want to do something to get back at them?

But if someone turned up at my door telling me that their life was ruined by Mormons and that I shouldn't listen to them if they come round, I'd think they were nuts - my reaction would be "why are you telling me this? what has it got to do with me?".

This sort of counter witnessing is a waste of time and energy IMO - the chance of finding someone just before the JWs were about the recruit them is so remote to make it pointless. Then there is the real risk that some people will chose to listen to the JWs as a result of this that wouldn't have otherwise.

What should people think of shunning or lack of college? Why should they care? It's hard for people to see it as anything more than a curiosity, especially as it was ultimately down to personal choices.

It's also a mistake to fight their war on their terms IMO - exJWs simply will never have the people and time commitment available to "witness" like they do. Our time is far more effective spent online making information available to those who look for it (and they have to look, you can't force someone to see before they're ready).

It's also more convincing to just live a happy life. Sure, tell neighbours, colleagues about them and what they do if it fits a conversation - it's more convincing when people know you vs a stranger coming up to you, but beware of going from being a JW nut to an exJW nut as some might see it.

As I said, I totally understand the desire to be doing something. But I think focusing on those needing help to exit is more effective.

Last thing I want to do is put a suit on and walk the streets on a Sunday afternoon!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I think it's a workable idea. Lets hear what others on The forum have in mind. At least it will be worth a try.

• darkspilver
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Firstly I want to say congratulations to you and your wife for escaping and welcome to the site here!

When newly out of mind control most of us have the desire to help our former trapped inmates. It is good that you propose an idea but I fear it would miss the mark since it is addressed to the public, most of whom don't care a fig about JWs.

The problem of rescuing our old comrades is one which crops up all the time on exJW sites because it is such an important issue to discuss. How to rescue the trapped and avoid the heartache of remaining embroiled in the cult?

One way which is found to work is to play the long game with individuals; never criticise the org...to do so is like puncturing their inflatable lifeboat... and live a happy and useful life after departure from the organisation. It doesn't have the drama of your suggestion admittedly but JWs expect apostates to turn into libertine hedonists as a matter of course.

Perhaps a national awareness campaign day, highlighting the JW mind control and end of world scam along with their paedophilia issues, could be organised through various arms of the media? I fear this too might only attract more nutty followers in the aftermath!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What are the chances of someone from the outside world joining the JW`s, in the information age?..Practically Zero.

People trying to get out of the WBT$/JW Cult, are the ones that need the help.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Unbalanced misfits and worse still more paedophiles might see a warm welcome in an anti JW campaign?

However that isn't our problem, as you say Outlaw, it's a matter of targeting those waking up and helping them leave. Easier said than done. . .

• Tallon
    Tallon

Welcome to the forum, Tight Pants Twinkle Toes.

Congratulations to both you and your wife for getting out of the Org. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit