the gaping hole in this week's weak wt study.

by waton 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

jhine, good points. I think you are conflating the thread above, about eternity and this topic, about wt pulling out of the thin air the abstention from the bread and wine. and

yes, the bible can be complicated, and it helps one's sanity to keep it simple. as far as we know, only energy is immortal, can not be destroyed, or created, and is eternal, always was and will be., and so is time itself.

• jhine
    jhine

Yes Waton , exactly. The idea that some people qualify to take the Bread and Wine and others don't just isn't in the Bible .

I agree the Bible can get complicated but really it's the Gospel ( good news ) message that's needs to be kept in focus at the heart of it all.

Christ died for our sins and rose again so that we don't have to die forever . Simples.

Jan

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will do it. I will be the devil's advocate here.

Should people partake of the emblems or not? You ask for just one scripture as proof that shows they should not.
    Why not ask if the Jedi Knights philosophical views should be enforced upon mankind and then why not consult the comic books based on the story to find the answers?

• waton
    waton
    Should people partake of the emblems or not? OTWO

comics? jws, have their book of story bibles. and their anointed generation of partakers they watch out for.

They believe to have had a ~20 year old partake together with a ~100 year old in ~1994, and with that now only ~ 47 year old faithful expected to live past 2074, ~2075,

why would they have to worry about a scripture justifying not to partake and qualify for everlasting life themselves?

The GB will be gone by the GT anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit