There are some real beauties posted here!

by stillin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Life was a funny thing that happened to me on the way to the grave.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"Facts, facts...facts are meaningless. You can prove anything that's even remotely true with facts"

Homer Simpson

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Doctor: Do you know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart?
    Ashley: What?
    The Doctor: They're both ridiculous.

Image result for dr who capaldi ashley
  • biometrics
    biometrics
    I've found out the truth ... about 'the truth'
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

"If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself "

Mickey Mantle

I can relate to this one especially, I remember always saying "Oh, don't worry about it were going to be made new again." Now I use sunscreen everyday. Haha

MC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like this snippet from Orwell's 1984

"Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimetres inside your skull"

and when family were berating me saying that I must be mad to reject the "body of truth" we had known all our lives as taught by the "men we all admired" ....Orwell also wrote :

"Being in a minority, even a minority of one does not make you mad.There was truth and there was untruth and if you cling to the truth even against the whole world - you were not mad"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It is easy to call on the devil, the difficulty is in watching him arrive.

DY

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "If you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended." :smirk:
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Makemeanunbeliever6 days agoDr Wilder-Smith (A former evolutionist 3 earned doctorate scientist)
    "The Evolutionary model says that it is not necessary to assume the existence of anything, besides matter and energy, to produce life. That proposition is unscientific. We know perfectly well that if you leave matter to itself, it does not organize itself - in spite of all the efforts in recent years to prove that it does."

"The ancient Creationist Book says that it is not necessary to assume the existence of anything, besides energy, to produce God. That proposition is unscientific. We know perfectly well that if you leave energy to itself, it does not organize itself becoming omniscient and omnipotent - in spite of all the efforts in thousands of years to prove that it does."

I always cry a bit when people point at lack of evidence and supposed unscientific reasoning to plead in favor of any highly unscientific and unproven assumption that any God exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit