Does the governing body know what they are doing?

by Gefangene 50 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

What do you guys think?

Are they only some uber religious zealots or do they pursue hidden agendas beyond religiosity?

• donny
    donny

I sincerely believe that the G.B, like other leaders of these type of hierarchal groups, know that most of what they peddle is B.S. and it's just an ends to a mean of keeping their flocks safely enclosed in their pens.

• sparky1
    sparky1

The Governing Body (tm) is composed of god intoxicated, religious zealots who have no hidden agenda, per se. They are self-deluded humans who think that they are carrying out the will of god on earth and feel that they have a 'commission' from god to 'govern' other human beings and thereby save their souls from eternal destruction. Remember that 'most of the evil committed in the world is by people that KNOW that they are right'.

"WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM GOD." - Elwood Blues

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I really feel the GB are delusional, they have some idea of what they are doing as corporation executives they are privy to a lot more info then the average congregation drone but are still under the delusion that they are calling the shots for God's earthly organization.

Their present downsizing due to lack of funds shows that their understanding of how to make this printing company profitable is seriously lacking and headed toward bankruptcy due to their delusional state based on wishful thinking.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The current GB are mostly from the CO, DO, Missionary type background. They have absolutely no idea, qualifications or experience in the running of a multi-million dollar international organisation.

At least people such as N H Knorr and his mates served their apprenticeship in Bethel, Knorr as Factory Manager prior to being President. Which is why the new guys are leading the organisation into financial bankruptcy having already succeeded in bringing it into spiritual bankruptcy.

George

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I actually wonder just how much in control the GB actually are. Are they just figure heads (similar to the Pope) with a group of lawyers and accountants telling them what to do.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

They might know whay they are doing today, but they are completely clueless as for the future consequences of what they do and decide today.

And how could it be any other way when people talk to a non-existing entity to receive unclear guidance...guidance they are supposed to come up with themselves???

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Who then is the power behind the throne?

• prologos
    prologos

look what happened to R. Franz, a devoted man if ever there was one, GB member, backed by family, still he was not at the pinnacle of absolute power. A whole horde of others brought him down.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I personally believe that the GB are true believers. Like most big corporate machines, the reigns easily get away from them, but they think what they are doing is right and just. All of them are cult members too.

I think recent poor choices in these videos make this even more apparent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit