COLD today

by wasone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

apx 26 C today but high humidity as being near the ocean. Hey listener another Oz. I prefer C degrees it doesn't sound as hot.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just got back from two weeks on the East Coast and it was nasty, c-c-c-cold. It didn't help that I got a nasty bug while there, so I was really happy to get home to warmer weather and my own bed.

My first night home, woken up by a 4.4 earthquake at 2:43 in the morning.

Thanks California!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

LisaRose, sorry you got sick during your visit. I was still in Florida for the frigid cold you experienced. I really considered staying put, but temps were dropping there too, and it got rainy, so I flew home in time for a blizzard. Maybe not my best decision, but it's home.

I've experienced an earthquake while in Guatemala. Kind of creepy. I prefer nor'easters, hurricanes and blizzards. That said we've had a couple of micobursts-- one tore up my sister's wedding tents, tables, chairs, etc. in our backyard the morning of the ceremony and another unceremoniously tore ten sailboats off their moorings and chucked them onto the beaches in our town in a heartbeat. I would never want to experience a tornado or the wildfires they are having in California!

Stay safe!

Diane

• flipper
    flipper

I almost feel ashamed to say how nice it's been in Northern California with most of you U.S, citizens under an arctic cold blast attack ! But- since you asked - this winter has been very mild. Up until last night when we FINALLY got some rain- the day time temperatures have been about 60 - 65 degrees. Night temperatures high 30's . With the rain we are now down into the low 50's but the storms are warmer. High snow levels at 7,000 ft. elevation which is not good for building up the watershed.

If we don't get some colder snow out here in California at lower elevations- we are going to experience one hell of a drought next summer and extreme fire dangers. I wish you east coasters could hurl some of that snow to our Sierra Nevada mountains out here ! Hang in there my cold friends ! Hope it warms up for you soon ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The horrible weather in East USA has made our UK news as well . They call it a weathrr bomb.....

We feel for you people . Please stay safe, stay wam indoors if you can .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Its now saturday 06/01/2018 around 4:00 pm and the temp is 40.2 deg.C I have a fan blowing on me while I`m downing a coldie or 2 or 3 here in East Gippsland Vic OZ

( bloody air conditioner has packed it in )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit