Statement of the day

by road to nowhere 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Projection is pretty standard for the WTS. Their approach is that, since they are the chosen who are guided by God through His Holy Spirit, they are right and everyone else is wrong. So they see themselves, not as oppressive leaders guiding the blind, but as open and honest servants who teach their followers to seek God with an open mind. It is everyone else who misleads the sheep, because those leaders are themselves under the Devil's thrall.

They do not feel even the slightest discomfort when they speak of others being oppressive and controlling and blind leaders.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "Satan has the world on a treadmill wearing blinders".

Substitute Satan(tm) for the Media and Corrupt Politicians (which is virtually all of them....filth of the lowest order), and we're there.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I sometimes winced when I heard some illustrations or analogies that more aptly depicted WTC than other false religions. Over the years, it just got harder and harder to keep a straight face when I was positive that WTC was describing itself.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMASMORE:

I felt the same way you did when I heard them say negative things about other denominations that more accurately described themselves.

I often thought this was done very deliberately. They had to know they were full of shit. I often wondered if they were deliberately daring somebody to disagree with them? This just added to the mountain of things wrong there that accumulated over time with the destination being the door!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard a public speaker once quote the old Greek Demosthenes

“ Man is easiest to dupe, for what he wishes to be true he will readily believe to be true “

They could never see how that statement could as easily be used of themselves.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ThomasMore13 hours ago

I sometimes winced when I heard some illustrations or analogies that more aptly depicted WTC than other false religions.

Yep me too, the time Tony Morris said “go get vaccinated, one church even said these vaccines are the devils work” That church has protected their followers while following Jehovahs direction has harmed everyone who did.

• blondie
    blondie

road to nowhere, what issue of the WT is that? I did a search on WOL and nothing popped up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit