No more public WT & Awake?

by mikeflood 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yeah, it must be a real kick-to-the-teeth for all the Old Timers seeing this shit show now. No magazines to place? Who the hell could have ever imagined that? That's "Important life-saving work!"

Placing literature in hands of the worldly was paramount to everything else. If they don't have the literature, they can't at least browse it and MAYBE become an "interested one"? How many worldly people check out the JW website after seeing a card or advertisement? Some, to be sure, but right after that they do what 99% of anyone does when looking up a new product of consideration: GOOGLE it. After just 5 mins of a Google background of JW's, anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together is completely dismissing them as a pedo-protecting, end-times false prophecy CULT. Period.

I'd say WT HQ is circling the wagons, as their numbers continue to circle the drain. They can only hope to retain the current aging membership and some homeschooled morons thru digital brainwashing material from the soon to be built RAMAPO. There's seriously not much difference between the JW model and Scientology at this point. Know anyone joining Scientology? Neither do I.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It always comes down to money,$$$,and covering their Corporate arses.

It is expensive to produce and ship magazines, and they do not produce donations or new members.

It is easy to change stuff on-line, in the old days they had to print special, secret Editions of embarrassing Mags. suitably Edited, to bind into the Volumes, and hope the original mags disappeared.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Phizzy how many differences have you seen between the original magazines and their replacements in the bound volumes? I have only seen one difference (other than that the bound ones excluded the advertising which was on the back cover). Where can we find documentation of the alleged changes?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'It is expensive to produce and ship magazines, and they do not produce donations or new members.'

The Borg's business model has to reinvent itself to survive with the times and the changing demographic.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

So no more dropping stacks of them at the laundromat then? When I grew up in the seventies, it was a crime to get in the car without having my book bag organized. Meaning, Awake by week in front ready to pull out a copy. Watchtower behind Awake, most recent copies offered first. Older dates in back, treated as not as valuable. We just tried to unload them on anybody.

Me, one Saturday morning: I got all A's on my report card! Mom: Ack, you don't have your book bag ready!

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Somebody have seen an Awake magazine 2023..?

I think is discontinued...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WING COMMANDER:

I am laughing about your remark about ‘homeschooled morons’. You know, before I became a JW I had never heard of home schooling.

There are probably quite a few in the Witness religion.. Sadly, in their case, it’s like having No education at all unless it’s done right - which I doubt it was.. They can barely read and write and have no knowledge about anything.👎 It’s like being brought up in a broom closet.. It would not surprise me if most would score much lower than a HS dropout.

I’m sure they and others considered the magazines to be the equivalent of a ‘college education’. 🤣

Too bad if any of these Witnesses were led to believe they were more ‘spiritual’🙄 than other people in the congregation who attended regular schools and got decent jobs.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

The org have cut the number of new public mags right down to just one WT and one Awake each year, as of last year (2022).

It looks like from now on, there will be just six public magazines featured each year - one every two months (three WT and three Awake). One will be an 'original' WT (this year's was on Mental Health) and one an 'original' Awake (this year's is still pending, but due for use in Nov and Dec).

The remaining four are reprints. This year, they've reprinted magazines on Stress and they're about to feature a reprint of the God's Kingdom WT from 2020 for two months in Sept and Oct.

Here are the new editions released since 2021 on their website.
    (Three originals of each were released in 2021, but since 2022, just one as mentioned above)

As I understand it, the sequence this year has been

• Jan-Feb: Original WT (Mental Health)
    • Mar-Apr: Awake reprint
    • May-Jun: WT reprint
    • Jul-Aug: Awake reprint
    • Sept-Oct: WT reprint
    • Nov-Dec: Original Awake (pending)

- Then presumably repeat next year?

As has been said before elsewhere: this org is a shadow of its former self now. Just a shell.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Here's a snippet from a BoE letter which I found after having a rummage in my ganderbag* that shows the pattern will be repeated next year - at least partially (although the 'original' issue will be released at a different time of year). Not sure where I got this. I think it was a cutting from the reddit forum. But I'm sure Atlantis has these letters anyway!

(* Rambling Syd Rumpo)

• joey jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit