Does anybody else still have an obsession about Saturday morning weather?

by Exelder 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Exelder
    Exelder

I am still enjoying the luxury of weekends to do whatever i want....BUT....out of habit I am still obsessed with looking at the weather for Saturday mornings.

Rain on a Saturday morning was a very rare treat and we got the morning off, although as group leader, I still had to go to the group just in case somebody turned up.

Does anybody else still watch the weekend forecast with interest? (I am aware that this is probably a UK thing as we are obsessed with the weather ha ha).

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The only time I might pay attention to Saturday (weekend) weather if my hubby has to work. He works quite a few Saturdays. Other than that, no.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Of course weekends are for fun now. It was fine with a clear sky when I woke before seven and then the torrential rain came later. Now it's sunny but with strong winds. Everything in one morning! Still, I love this country with all its crazy weather. I might get out and do a bit of gardening, but then again .....

• zophar
    zophar

Today's forecast has storm warnings this morning where I live.

Expect a caller in the next couple of hours if you happen to be the RV of a zealous JW!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Of course weekends are for fun now.

So yes, I still watch the weekend forecast.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EXELDER:

When I started my ‘fade’ from the JW religion I remember the feeling of the luxury of sleeping late and waking to a leisurely breakfast and coffee ☕️!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I am in the ridiculous position of hosting the Saturday am meeting for fs. How did I get into this invidious position? Don't ask. I said to my wife this morning (a cold and rainy one) that we would have a full house. Sure enough, everyone turned up, spent 15 minutes in the Lord's work and then buggered off home. Even the family that always turn up and then disappear on mysterious "calls" decided to knock on doors. Such a shame they had to give up so soon.

They had all turned up sure in the knowledge that they could get full marks without really trying.

Yes I am sure that rain is always hoped for on Saturday mornings by all Dubs. Hilarious!

• tiki
    tiki

I got a laugh out of the title of this post! For me, no. But winter temperatures get me still. I had frost bitten ties so much in my youth from icy freezing temps out door to door...I remember one particular time my friend and I making our way back to the car to kinda dechill only to find it locked and gungho car group leader in someone's house regaling them with kingdom rhetoric....so I got to the point I'd refuse to go out unless it was at least 20 out. Now I tend to not want to venture out for anything if it isn't at least mid thirties.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Sometimes I take it personally when the weatherman says that it's going to rain on Saturday morning, and then nothing happens. And sometimes they'll say it's going to rain, but it will be in the afternoon. What good will afternoon rain do me? I know that they don't control the weather, but I have to catch myself when the silly idea pops into my head that they somehow had something to do with me having to knock on doors. Today was one of those days.

• blondie
    blondie

No, I'm too busy sleeping in as late as I want, then reading the paper and having my special breakfast, pancakes and bacon, with the only cup of real coffee I allow myself the whole week. Then watching Colbert and Trevor Noah (our adopted son). Then we do some chores around the house or do our grocery shopping. Take a grampa/gramma nap and then go count the deer in the neighboring county. I listen to some of my new classical CDs or read a book, re-reading Piers Anthony series Xanth.

I work on my book for about 3 hours and check JWN and the mail.

I go to bed when I want knowing that Sunday also is all mine to do with what I want.

My blood pressure went down to normal only 6 months after no longer participating in any activities connected with the WTS.

If the weather is good enough, we go to the zoo, or other outdoor activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit