JW scientist banned from Institute's WebSite because of Creationistic Views

by GermanXJW 229 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

hi Jerry,

I guess we will need antidiscrimination laws against chimp discrimination

since chimps have the intelligence of 2 year old kids i think you are absolutely right!

so what do you think about the article? together with the 95% for the entire genome this result fits evolutionary predictions pretty well doesn'T it?

PS: please clarify what you wrote in your previous post about these FAR FAR fetched calculations!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Realist; from personal experience, I wouldn't hold your breath for a response that actually was in line with a reasonable request based upon Jerry's own posting.

He'll post, sure enough, but actually defend his personal assertations? Well, he's not defended his 'creationists don't deserve a bad reputation' argument after over a month, so I doubt if he'll get round to showing us his workings for his numerology.

One can live in hope though...

• Realist
    Realist

abaddon,

i know...i really don't expect much!

nevertheless i would love to hear a comment on his calculations.

not only is he using an absurd logic - as far from science removed as possible - but the calculations are wrong too!

just as an estimation of the accuracy of his calculations lets look at his first example...planck mass / mass of a hydrogen atom = approx. 2ee-8 kg / 2ee-27 kg = approx. 1ee19

now assuming the Ark was about 1 x 1 x 1 meters big than that would mean the city was about 2000 x 2000 x 2000 kilometers large! (about 1/8th of the volume of our moon!)

i wonder in what paper he publsihed these ground breaking results! because next thing we know...he gets nominated for the Nobel prize in physics! (since if bush wins the peace prize everything is possible! )

• Realist
    Realist

abaddon,

i know...i really don't expect much!

nevertheless i would love to hear a comment on his calculations.

not only is he using an absurd logic - as far from science removed as possible - but the calculations are wrong too!

just as an estimation of the accuracy of his calculations lets look at his first example...planck mass / mass of a hydrogen atom = approx. 2ee-8 kg / 2ee-27 kg = approx. 1ee19

now assuming the Ark was about 1 x 1 x 1 meters big than that would mean the city was about 2000 x 2000 x 2000 kilometers large! (about 1/8th of the volume of our moon!)

i wonder in what paper he publsihed these ground breaking results! because next thing we know...he gets nominated for the Nobel prize in physics! (since if bush wins the peace prize everything is possible! )

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh, I'm keeping an open mind!

1/ He might even have a good proof

2/ And I will see the ewwow of my rays, or whatever...

2/ If not, debunking it will make a coffeebreak whizz by

3/ And it will be amusing

Of course, statistically speaking, based upon past performance, we won't even get the proof...

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

As I stated in my post:

I see this all the time (he is a Professor of Physics) I obviously did not write this article as is clear from the post. The author is a Ph.D. and teaches at a leading American University (MIT or Cal Tech I think). I teach biology, not physics. I once passed around a paper written by Albert Einstein when I was at Bowing Green state University and asked for comments. They thought I wrote it and did I get comments! One said it was the worst paper I ever wrote! Boy was I flattered! Only one faculty recognized that I did not write it (I only asked for comments, and never claimed that I wrote it). He said "Jerry you did not write this did you?" I responded "no I did not" and I asked how he knew. He said that he recognized the paper. I still have the comments from faculty. I should try that on here. I have some good papers by the late Steven Gould of Harvard from the top journals that I should put on. I can hear the condemnation now: "a stupid paper" "You will never get this junk published" "Typical Creationists crap" Etc. Etc.

• rem
    rem

It is true that the late Steven J. Gould did write some stupid papers.

rem

• Realist
    Realist

well whoever wrote that rediculous article is certainly NOT a good figurehead for whatever college he teaches at!

PS:

I see this all the time

what is that supposed to mean? in what context did you put this line there? next time put a citation in quotes...that makes it easier to see that you are not the originator.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jerry, were all the faculty at Bowling Green so incompetent that they couldn't tell a physics paper from one in a subject in which you are qualified to write, or do you think maybe they just got tired of your stunts?

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

", or do you think maybe they just got tired of your stunts?" I never did any stunts aside from this one (it was the first and the last). "Jerry, were all the faculty at Bowling Green so incompetent that they couldn't tell a physics paper from one in a subject in which you are qualified to write" Good point (I thought they were incompetant, but then I am biased). They just attacked everything that I wrote no matter what it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit