Great Announcement

by Tiana 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Exelder
    Exelder

I can't watch these.

Although I dismiss it all, the same old 'what if they are right?" feelings sneak in after I hear their scaremongering. It churns up the same panic and fear as I used to feel.

That is what being five decades as a JW does to you before you finally escape.

• Olig
    Olig

Exelder, I know the feeling! It's like i hear something and it triggers memories and thoughts that make me think the end is near.

Certain words set me off as well....

Evidently

Is it not certain?

We are sure

Close at hand!

Loving provision

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So that poster was right when he said his son had come to him asking if he could build him secret compartments in a bookshelf for publications (in the USA!!!)

Boy did he go on about obeying elders (er....that would be him) . How old are these goofballs? You can understand a young, new convert falling for it, but some of these dudes ( Dr. Spock!) must have been dubs for going on 60 years. How can they keep falling for it?

I liked the first elder tho...seemed ok.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jeez! I watched. I feel so dirty 😭😫

Are the sheep eating this up for the most part or rolling their eyes?

What the hell is going on?

Are elders believing this?

Cult!

• Listener
    Listener

@51.41 he says "you've heard it a thousand times"

Enough said.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Heck no I won't sit and watch that crap.

• Della Street
    Della Street

I watched some of it starting at 50:12 : Here is the summary.

Local Needs "Are You Ready For The Great Tribulation?"

Mostly telling people to obey the elders even if it doesn't make sense, hide your literature, study, go to meetings, go out in service, ....

Lots of fear mongering.

There is nothing new under the sun.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Tiana hasn`t come back with any response maybe she was just ignorant of this site or she was a TROLL

• Tiana
    Tiana

Giordano

Trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really???????????????

You having a bad day or what?

Anyways, I will share when I want to share not when I am expected to, others want me to........

Do not stereotype me or put me in a box.

Have a good day!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You know, with that claim that the GB has new direction of the elders to keep in regular contact with the publishers like on a weekly basis. Well this could be a control mechanism, a mechanism to ratchet-down the control or surveillance to sniff-out doubters or people with apostate "leanings". Time to screen calls even harder, don't answer some texts, etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit