Taylor Swift owes me a new shirt this morning

by Mickey mouse 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Yes JW Gone - Have fam members living in Germany (for limited amt. of time) and the young boys in that age range are enthralled/enraptured with her. People camp outside in parking lots/tents to attend her concerts - whatever. Hard to believe!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

lol. I thought it meant "cheap suit". :)

But the real giveaway, re: the song’s subject matter, is in the first verse: “Gazing at me, starry-eyed / In your Jehovah’s Witness suit.” Healy’s trademark outfit is, as The New Yorker described it, a “close-cut suit and a tie,” also a favorite amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses who seek to “reflect the values that we live by” and “show respect for our God.” Although Healy is not himself a Witness, he has, arguably, dressed like one.

https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a60541478/taylor-swift-the-smallest-man-who-ever-lived-lyrics-meaning/

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is this what passes for music these days?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Such bad lyrics... I think she must hire a 13 year old to write them

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

MM ! good to hear from you ! I met you at an Ex-JW meal at Wagamama's in Covent Garden , I I.D'd you as an ex-J.W before the meal. maybe in the Pub ?

I bet you could not be easily I.D'd now as anything like a J.W ?

For me, that life is like one lived by a guy , not me, in another Country.

I am now the real me, as rightly identified by my darling wife the other day, when she looked at me and said , quite firmly, "You Bastard !". LOL.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    B's Asslol. I thought it meant "cheap suit". :smile:

I reckon It does. It's what the kids would call "throwing shade" lol

Slim Is this what passes for music these days?

And the worst thing is, Slim, it's what passes for great music these days!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit