2015 Worldwide Memorial Attendance: Another Sign of Decline

by steve2 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The teachings and talks by governing body members is ever more kooky and controlling.

I think in the long run the exposure to the nutters at the top will be damaging.

LOL, tight pants, upstate NY before Disneyworld; get real.

• sir82
    sir82

I cannot remember seeing a decrease in memorial attendance, ever!!

It actually fluctuates quite a bit. Look at a few old yearbooks.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Let's not forget 20 million is still a pretty huge achievement. It makes JWs far bigger than the Mormons who are often touted as a new "world religion". It makes them comparable in numbers to other world faiths like Judaism, Jainism, Baha'i and Sikhism.

Plus while JW numbers in the UK and US are stagnant, Christian churches in general have been declining precipitously for decades.

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    what is the source ???
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

But I do agree that the current numbers - likely to be published in full in the 2016 Yearbook - show the decline is happening sooner than expected.

I still say that the US will not show growth in the 2016 YB.

Let's not forget 20 million is still a pretty huge achievement.

It is and it isn't.

With the 15 minute rule completely used up, and the kiddies' baptism rate also being used up, there needs to be something to create artificial numbers.

I SEE the Mormons out virtually every day. Given that it is ONLY Mormon elders that are out, whereas ALL Dubs are MINISTERS makes a sad comment.

As well, that 8.2 million is PEAK pubs, which includes 15-minuters and 1 every six monthers.

"Studies" include 3-minute "door-step" studies. What a creative joke!

I heard a comment a few weeks ago that "You can smell Armageddon in the air."

Maybe, but not Armageddon of the kings of the earth, unless those kings are in Brooklyn / Warwick.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...I have had to check whether they are actual human beings or cardboard cutouts."

:laughing:

• sir82
    sir82

I heard a comment a few weeks ago that "You can smell Armageddon in the air."

Hummph, so that's what you call the odor coming from the bottom of my shoe....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "I love the smell of Apocalypse in the morning..."
  • alanv
    alanv
    Steve2 can you tell us the source of the 2015 figures? Thanks
  • steve2
    steve2
    A thread "2015 service report" by Mommyfirstand always backgrounds the 2015 figures. Sorry, I don't know how to do links.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit