Is it 16?

by Jrjw 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incognito
    Incognito

Vanderhoven - the ex could also communicate through email, with the added benefit that everything he says can be retained for easy reference if needed during a custody battle. Changing the phone number would simply eliminate the harassing calls and texts.

ttdtt- I'm not disagreeing with you but wasn't sure what your comment was referring to.

Jrjw - Just because the couple renting out the house are pleased that a JW is renting it, does not make your attending meetings mandatory. Situations change, especially when new information is learned.

You are in charge of your life and for ensuring the wellfare of your children. You need to do what you deem is best for the three of you at all times. How anyone else reacts to those actions and decisions is their issue, not yours.

It is not your landlord's business how you choose to lead your life. As long as you pay your rent on time and do not destroy their property or use it for illegal activity, then, they need to butt-out.

• Saename
    Saename
    Someone on this forum made a remarkable statement that I will never forget. He said something to the effect of, "if the Society teaches that children as young as eight or nine are ready to make their dedication to 'Jehovah', then they are ready to decide whether or not they wish to attend meetings." That shut his pushy ex up who was trying to get their child baptized.

Oh my God. This is ingenious. This perfectly reveals the double standard in the JW community. 9-year-old kids can be ready and mature enough to get baptized and therefore dedicate their entire life to God (and even face shunning a year later at 10 if they fail to please God.) But these very same kids can never be ready and mature enough to do the opposite and not go to meetings when they're bothered by their JW parents.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Thanks incoģnito

Saename it is a great response coz I've already used it with someone and it shuts them up 😊

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

I was brought up to believe I would die at Armageddon if I wasn’t baptised. I asked this question when I was 15 and that’s what my mum told me. She added that since I was old enough to ask that question I was already accountable before Jehovah. That summer I got baptised. Coincidence? I think not!

• just fine
    just fine

You make the rules. Your family, your kids, your rules.

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

One thing to consider: If you tell your landlords you're no longer a Witness, do you think they'd be likely to make things difficult for you in some way even if they don't try to break the lease?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Dear jrjw

I'm not a frequent poster here, and I never was a jw, but I'd like to assist if I can. I was a UK cop for 30 years and I know a little bit of stuff about a few things.

I understand that you're married to, but separated from, a dub with whom you have a one year old child. The separation has a legal element to it, in that his access to the child is regulated. You also have a 12 year old child which is not his and over which he has no legal rights. Not so?

You are doing a 'fade' and are renting a property for you and your children - which happens to be owned by dubs. You have signed a 12 month lease on that property.

You plan to move to another part of the UK when you can to assist your fade (and your separation).

Do I have this right? Is this lease in England & Wales or Scotland?

Cheers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit