Would You Ever Go Back To The Witnesses??

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I want out... so maybe??😊

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

minimus - absolutely :)

• Spiral
    Spiral

On the rare occasions I've had to go in the last 15 years (family, funeral, stuff like that) I wanted to stab my eye out within ten minutes of walking through that door. An odd physical experience that is, like your brain is screaming but you have to act nice.

So, no way, never, nope, not happening.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Yes I would !

IF they could get all the good looking sisters to do the striptease or the pole dance while all eight GB members -butt naked - were being flogged with bull whips while tied to the king dumb hall doors !!!

• badcompany
    badcompany

Spiral: Ditto. The dude that df'd me was shooting daggers through me with his eyes when I showed up with my new wife who was casually interested in my former religion. That was over 20 years ago and haven't been back since except for funerals.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I was approached by two different JWs on two occasions while abroad. Both knew me from my elder days when I gave talks in their congregations. Both invited me to their meetings. I explained to them that I hadn't been to a JW meeting in years and that I can't even open a WT magazine. One responded that it wasn't her place to delve further and went on to explain Jehovah's many blessings on her. The other asked why, and I told him of the situation of x3 elders in Eire who reported child abuse to the police. Consequently, their eminances in the Britain branch assigned a JC and two of the three elders were deleted having been found to not be of sound mind for not having first called tbe branch's legal desk. He was shocked at this disclosure.

I haven't been to a JW meeting for over 4 years now. After 6 months of abscence had lapsed I was called by an elder who wanted to arrange a shepherding call. I thanked him and explained that "Jehovah is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing." Went on to add that should I discern the need for help I might approach them. I have had no further attempted contact. I suspect they know that if they were to force the issue there would be a significant response cost. The GDPR also protects me.

There is nothing that would make me return. Nothing! A significant factor behind my departure was being shunned following my use (on two occasions) of JW literature quotations and bible references during meetings to publicly admonish the local BoE for requiring bros to wear a suit when behind the lectern. When I was subsequently approached by two elders and informed that many were "concerned" about my answers I told them that they (the "many") would not be concerned about my answers ever again. Problem solved! Simple!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What and go back the lies and corruption, the ignorance and fear, the superstition. the deaths and suicides .

No Thank You

I like truth and intellectual honesty better.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Hmmmmm..... I wouldn't go I to a Kingdumb Hell of Jehober's Witlesses for ANY amount of money, for ANY reason, including my JW mom's funeral. Thankfully, she does not want a funeral when she dies.

I HAVE been to 2 JW weddings since leaving. One for my big sister (not related, but close friend at one time), one for a friend who was my best man at my wedding to a non JW, both held at an outside non JW facility. Both officiated by the same elder. Both very incoherent even to the dubs in attendance, even by low dub standards.

Never again. Not in a KH, AH, or convention since summer 2007.

Snakes (Rich )

• minimus
    minimus

It’s refreshing to see 99% of the people here know better!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Jw reasoning right back at them ie : "Let your yes mean yes and no mean no!" Matthew..:..

I said NO! I love my freedom,being king of my own world. So no more shackles and bondage!

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit