Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-30-2017 WT Study (WHO IS LEADING) IN PARTS

by blondie 32 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    Those that believe in the rapture say they will return to earth after the wicked are destroyed to live forever...at least that is what I've told by those believers.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I remember giving a talk on this subject of tobacco smoking being akin to spiritism . This was at the time the ban was introduced and was to give some justification for it.

There is a scripture they used in Corinthians that spoke on those doing spiritism. Another choice of translation was "druggers" .... Therefore doing drugs equalled spiritism. Tobacco is a drug, right? Soooo...smoking tobacco was akin to spiritism.

A tenuous link if ever there was one ! Still, the Thusday night audience seemed to accept it alright and as an up and coming M/S I was glad of the privilege to deliver the talk, B/S though it was

• snowbird
    snowbird

Blondie, people like you are the salt of the earth.

Providing those other links shows true grace.

The GB needs to sit at your feet and let you teach them about humility.

Sylvia

• Listener
    Listener

Excellent work Blondie.

• blondie
    blondie

I see the left margins are clipped. I can re-post this if someone has a problem reading it.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

thanks a lot for your hard work - I love it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Cast lots….? What is that, did they believe god controlled how the lots (like dice) fell?

I've often wondered about that myself. The "explanations" trotted out by WT never really made sense to me. IF they PRAYED for HS why was their decision negated by Saul's conversion? No holy spirit? Were they not really guided by holy spirit after all? If THEY were wrong as the proclaimed first century governing body why should the present day governing body be any better?

“teachings of the apostles” not the teachings of the Christ?

Exactly!

The word rendered “remember” can also be translated “mention.”

I must be looking in all the wrong places. I haven't found that definition yet.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    14 Evidence of angelic assistance

A dogmatic statement that there is evidence to support the claim that there is evidence of angelic assistance.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Beliefs Clarified” relies on the WTS concept of the “light gets brighter” and that nothing changes but only the outline gets clearer.Notice the that the WTS taught that the “superior authorities” were the secular governments up until 1929 then changed it to God and Jesus and then in 1962 changed it back to the secular governments. Was that increasing light or a blinking light, on, off, on again?

Great points Blondie,. You most certainly put some work into this 👍

Well one thing that is now fully clarified for me is that given as stated that the GB is neither infallible nor inspired and prone to err; it actually strengthens my faith in knowing that YHWH was never to be blamed for all the many many changes we have been receiving through God's only channel of communication here on earth over the past century.

So...for clarity, what this WT study has taught me is that YHWH and Jesus ARE infallible.; but the GB members aren't! OK...So basically Watchtower teachings may be correct today, but wrong tomorrow. Oh boy.... It's no wonder so many are confused or fall away due to the teachings (and policies) of the "Governing Body". HELP!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    DesirousOfChange: WAIT A MINUTE! Is there any doctrine held by JWs that is exclusive to them? Surely not!
    Assuming that is correct (waiting on someone to disprove it *), then other humans or organizations also descovered these "deep things".

...then other humans or organizations also discovered these "deep things".

Ya think! How about the doctrine or the article of faith that involves what JWs believe is the personal name of God...Jehovah! Russell didn't...Rutherford didn't...nor did any other WTBTS member dream-up that name. Last I heard, it was a Catholic Monk who coined it and the WTBTS has run with that name since their beginning!

JWs should feel indebted (bigly) to this Monk and the Catholic Church!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit