How does the Govering Body get enlightenment?

by no-zombie 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

When they realized that the math couldn't possibly work out, they threw their hands up in the air and decided to leave the matter alone. Once they stopped doing that, the number of partakers grew significantly.

I'd almost like to see their membership grow so much that the number of partakers would climb close to 144,000, just to see how they would deal with it. I mean, that's a lot of "mentally ill" people that they would be attracting, wouldn't it?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

might just get new light that 144,000 is a symbolic number--comprising virgin men from the tribes of israel.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just have serious doubts the Borganization can scrap the 144,000 as being literal.

The Borganization will stick to this 2 class system like glue.

To maintain this us vs them mentality. As the 'holier' or more ''worthy" ones go to heaven.

And the rift raft stays behind with a '' conditional" paradise earth.

I dont know how,,,or if its even now possible,, for the Borg to scrap this 2 class system. That is with the entire religion falling apart.

The HAVE to maintain 2 class system.

As the ''partakers"" in numbers continue to rise,,, expect the gaslighting to double down!!

• Earnest
    Earnest
    Rattigan350 : However it was clear that the 144,000 was filled by [1935]. The first resurrection started in 1918 after the heavens were cleansed.

That is what was more or less believed between 1966 and 2007. In the May 1, 2007 Watchtower there was a Question from Readers where it discussed previous understandings and concluded "it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends."

Further, the January 1, 2007 Watchtower said that the idea the first resurrection started in 1918 was an interesting possibility but is not directly confirmed in the Bible. In fact, all that can be said is that if Jesus was enthroned in 1914 then the first resurrection probably started after that because there is no mention of them when war was waged in heaven against Satan and his demons. Personally, I do not find that evidence compelling.

Listener : You say it is fact that one of the 24 elders revealed the identity of the great crowd to John. How could they reveal it to him if none of them were even in heaven at the time?

As Revelation is about events "in the Lord's day" (Revelation 1:10), the 24 elders can represent the future 144,000 even though none of them were in heaven at the time the vision was given. The book Revelation - Its Grand Climax at Hand, 2006, p.125 para. 17 says that the identification of the great crowd by the elder suggests the resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in communicating divine truths today.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another reason why the Borg cant scrap the 2 class system.

Its because of ""fear"".

Fear of Armageddon,,the big A.

Uncertainty. Will I make it? ?? Will I make it??

If you scrap the 2 class system and JWs realize they ""could be"" heavenly bound,,one realizes that they are going to die anyway and that heaven is their destination.

Take away Armageddon because they realize ""why put on the fear & uncertainty when,,,OH I'm going to die??'"

When you realize that there's no having to ""work"" for your salvation

I'm just pure speculation,,,expect the the gaslighting,.fearmongering to ramp up.. With the continued US vs Them mentality. You have ti earn your salvation through the big A.

Im just speculating of course.!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Biahi - “…those so-called ‘replacements’ are just ‘mentally ill’ people, according to the WT.”

Well…

…they’d know.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The two class system isn't about the 144,000 and everyone else, any more. There are two classes: the GB and everyone else. 🙄

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""...the GB and everyone else"".

S'bout right.

• moley
    moley

Mescaline

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    how does the Governing Body receive spiritual enlightenment

Since the JW's are a fake religion, a cult even.............

They do whatever they think brings in money.

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit have nothing to do with the JW leaders. These men are totally self serving, like most politicians.

Follow the money!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit