First Jehovah Witness talking about 1914 and "NO SOLICITING" money 

by TheWonderofYou 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheWonderofYou
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Nowhere in the Bible are we authorized to solicit money in Gods name." - Pastor Russell starting at about :57.

Apparently, the current Governing Body(tm) has never seen the Photo Drama.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    It would be cool to see a video side by side of what CTR said and what wt broadcast now says on different issues
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They ''don't solicit money'' they claim.

Then what's up with that tract asking for donations all about??

• cappytan
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cappytan, you rock!!

I never watched the original broadcast. I literally came close to crapping my pants when Lett said, " ..the aim of the braodcast is not to say we need less donations, but the opposite.." ( paraphrasing ) OMG!!!

DD ( They are getting a damn penny from me!!!! 😇 )

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    What a f*ckin' lunatic!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    That's amazing TheWonderofYou! I never knew that there was an old film clip of Charles Russell. 99% of all JWs today wouldn't even recognize him (assuming they even knew his name).
  • WireRider
    WireRider

hmm. what does GOD need with a starship? what does GOD need with my money or your money?

wouldn't the claimed spokespeople for GOD pretty much have all the wealth they will ever need. I am becoming very suspicious that they are not the divine spokespeople for GOD they claim.

hmm...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When I have a look at my finances and the income isn't as much as the outgo, I do the beans and rice thing. I don't come on here and tell you about it and tell you where my slot is so that you can give me your valuable things:) Man, that sounds wrong, doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit