I received Blood...What are the JW's going to do to me?

by smoky21 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• smoky21
    smoky21

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for years. I also don't frequent this forum like I used to.

I have posted my story before, like 8 years ago. I have been a baptized witness for the last 30+ years, but have not attended meetings in the last 15 years. I've faded basically. I recently had a health issue that required surgery. My immediate family that I'm close to are still in the truth. So I had to tell them that if needed, I would not stop the medical professionals from giving me blood. And I got NO pushback. Nothing. I found this surprising. I was ready to defend my position, but did not have to say a word. I found this confusing. I let it go, since I was very nervous about surgery.

Has JW's softened its position on the blood policy?

I ended up receiving 2 units of blood during surgery and another unit in recovery. All I heard was...Crickets, nothing from family. This happened in July, and I have since recovered from surgery. The subject has not been talked about, but should I bring it up? Or should I leave this alone?

I ask myself also, do they love me enough to try to "save" me, or have they just conceded that I am lost, & will not see paradise anyway. (Not that I believe this anyway). Not sure what to think.

Will they turn me in? If so, will I get disfellowshipped? Do they disfellowship for this still? Or is it a conscience matter? I have been out for awhile, so I'm not sure anymore.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Glad you are healing well.

Your health decisions are between you and your medical team.

What would be the benefit to bringing this detail up again with family?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Your family probably does not want to know if you received blood. If they are informed, it is considered that you have disassociated from the religion and they would be required to shun you indefinitely or until you repented and were reinstated.

Best say nothing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just dont say anything,,,or tell anybody,,,,,if possible & you should be just fine.🐵

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Medical treatment is confidential, so definitely don't bring it up. And if they ask find a nice way of telling them you are not going to violate that confidence.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

You never know, since they haven't asked it's possible they have issues with the no-blood policy themselves. That would be a very good thing!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was someone saying over on the reddit forum,,,,if I understand correctly,,,,that when a accident or emergency takes place the nurses and health care professionals won't even bother to ask if you're a JW or not or ask for documentation.

That they will just administer blood as they see fit. That there is NO time to waste asking questions and stuff...

More power to them....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I have since recovered from surgery. The subject has not been talked about, but should I bring it up? Or should I leave this alone?

LEAVE IT ALONE!

And if they (or ANYONE) has the audacity to inquire about it -- DENY DENY DENY. (That's "Theocratic Warfare"! -- Not lying.)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If nobody knows about it,,,who cares.

If they ''snoop" or ""prod"" you about it,,deny.

Theocratic warfare.

• LV101
    LV101

Your medical is confidential info between you and your surgeon and you owe no one the truth. Aren't laws in effect that protect the patient/medical team/hospital from these issues and dangerous cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit