Why disfellowship must be eliminated for the survival of the WT itself

by TheScientist 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

Vidiot this organisation was constantly growing in every way for over a century and seems to have peaked. For the last decade or more that constant reductions in staff and product output, liquidation of assets, legal troubles, and dwindling sources of income.

I can’t find the true global numbers of pioneers, publishers ect, but I would love to see some charts showing the last 100yesrs. I suspect they would show a peak and now way over the peak and now big decline.

I would love to see charts of Bethel family numbers last 100 years, they would show a peak spike up then rapid decline like the bubble popped. This is going to be similar with the organisation as a whole,

Even with reduced hours there are less pioneers. Japan is holding up the numbers because almost everyone pioneers.

Going forward not so many younger ones will be getting baptised and hardly any will be pioneering compared to before the peak. This is why they are trying to hide the numbers

• LV101
    LV101

They've no choice it's either change or the fallout continues. After all word from active JWs for past decade++ has been all positive/syrupy and how it's different now than decade ago bla bla. Hilarious! Now hearing from friend who returned to the fold how loving and friendly everyone is -- well, sure, she's signed back up and not occasionally dropping by for a public talk dressed to 9s in her designer pantsuit (job required attire to race on to work) being shunned for breaking dress code (never DF'd nor did anything to be disfellowshipped on the outside) as the previous few yrs., but NOW is decked out in required country-pumpkin' dresses. All old people as members w/only couple older kids who've no choice but to attend. To date same rules/regs.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Time will tell.

As far as the math...there is no real-world math. Watchtower uses numbers as a "theocratic strategy". As a past Cong Secretary, Watchtower did not count as "members" those who didn't report ONE full hour, and "low hour" publishers (under 6) got shepherding calls and didn't get "privileges" or Service meeting parts. However, every irregular or recently "inactive" publisher I knew would have considered themselves a full-fledged JW if polled in a census or interviewed by PEW. The "new light" simply makes it easier for Watchtower to show less shrinkage.

After the 1975 debacle, Knorr's death, Fred Franz's blindness, the Ray Franz debacle at Bethel, and the Time Magazine story, Ted Jaracz became a huge influence on the GB. He instituted APOSTATE WITCHHUNTS and pushed the "sin" label and two Witness rule for child molesters. He also pushed for less/no "unofficial" JW gatherings, less humor at meetings, and no Cong picnics! To me, it was like the Spanish Inquisition.

No one calls the elders when they have a FIRE they dial 911 or the Fire Department. Watchtower should simply tell elders to treat all crimes the same. STAY OUT OF ALL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS and the $$ liability attached to them. Unless a JW is preaching "apostasy"... Publicly...just stay out of it. Stop the inquisitions. Save Disfellowshipping for serious stuff that threatens members or brings public dishonor to the church, LIKE RAPE, and domestic violence...(which they currently hide).

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

Well.. well.. well.. Reborning this topic after new lights in disfellowship... I confess that these changes are coming quickier than I thought...

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

TheScientist, I'm not sure that the changes are particularly huge. At best, they're designed to make the WT look a little less nasty to outside observers, i.e. governments.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

Agred. Not huge, but it could the beginning of the end.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 - “…After the 1975 debacle, Knorr's death, Fred Franz's blindness, the Ray Franz debacle at Bethel, and the Time Magazine story, Ted Jaracz became a huge influence on the GB. He instituted APOSTATE WITCHHUNTS and pushed the ‘sin’ label and two Witness rule for child molesters. He also pushed for less/no ‘unofficial’ JW gatherings, less humor at meetings, and no Cong picnics!”

The man ruled with an iron fist and his legacy is the millstone around the Watchtower’s neck.

If there’s any true justice to the universe, he and Rutherford are cellmates in Hell.

• hoser
    hoser
    Vidiot

If there’s any true justice to the universe, he and Rutherford are cellmates in Hell.

It would certainly be Hell for the devil to have to deal with those two assholes

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One thing the Devil and God have in common… they can delegate the unpleasant tasks to underlings.

Babysitting a mean-ass drunk and a kiddy-fiddler who are stuck together for an eternity would absolutely be the Infernal equivalent of a disciplinary assignment.

Like cleaning Hell’s toilets with toothbrushes.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hmm.

On second thought…

“Actually, Chemosh, you go can find something else to do. I’ll handle these two myself...”

😎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit