Have you ever gotten a straight answer? If yes, what was it?

by Tenacious 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - "They like to claim the authority of their writings as from God, without the responsibility that goes along with such a claim..."

"With great power comes comes reckless unaccountability..." :smirk:

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Her answer was always the same? "They are imperfect men trying their best."

is there any religion that couldn't just say the same thing about their own failings? This is how you know there is not such thing as a true religion, because if there was one, it would leave no doubt based on their record and history that they are above everybody else.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    If teachings have to be continually "clarified" where did the original teachings come from?

The most basic question: Where did the Bible come from.

Bible was compiled by the Roman Catholic Church, who decided which books should be deleted and what should be included in the Bible. And if you believe in this Jehovah fantasy, you should also believe that he empowered the then RC church with holy spirit to do this -To compile his most holy book to save mankind.

But Watchtower accuses RC as the mother of Harlots, while still using their Bible. Isnt this Blasphemy ?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS dances around who and when established the definitive bible canon. 1 Corinthians 12:10 is the only scripture used by the WTS to establish their answer-opinion.

First, were individual Christians working outside the direction of the so-called governing body of the first century? Did John adhere to this individual or group of individuals determinations per the bible? Did Christians in the first century have an approved canon and did they talk about it in their writings?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/tl/r1/lp-e?q=bible%20canon

The writing of the Christian Greek Scriptures was completed during the time that the gifts of the spirit were operative on Christ’s followers. (Joh 14:26; Re 1:1) Some Christians had the gift of “discernment of inspired expressions.” (1Co 12:10) Thus, they could, without referring the matter to a supposed church council (supposed governing body perhaps?Blondie) determine which of the letters the congregation received were inspired of God. With the death of John, the last apostle, this reliable chain of divinely inspired men came to an end. Therefore, with the book of Revelation, John’s Gospel, and his three letters, the Bible canon was closed. The testimony of later, noninspired writers is valuable only as an acknowledgment of the Bible canon, which God’s spirit had guided and authorized.

BL: When does the WTS say the apostle John died. What evidence do they cited?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000970#h=249:254-249:774

The traditional view is that John was released from exile following Domitian’s death and died in Ephesus about the close of the first century C.E. Thus, by John’s writing his epistles about this time, the Bible canon was completed and the apostolic period came to its close.

BL: here is a more comprehensive statement by the WTS from 2010

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200270811/3/2

Note: Evidently, then, the canon was established at an early stage under the guidance of holy

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was once given a straight answer - an elder told me that 50% of what he said from the platform was rubbish.

He wasn't telling me something I didn't know. What I didn't realise was that I was never supposed to repeat what he told me. But when I do repeat it to other elders I get told, "oh I expect he was only joking."

But he wasn't joking. He told me that because I had found him out as a liar in relation to the talks he was giving because I knew enough Hebrew and Greek to challenge him - I think his conscience was pricked and he was trying to salve it by confessing.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

It's been fixed by God already.

Everything from the platform is no longer claimed to be from God. Almost every meeting you will hear the Governing Body being mentioned in the prayers as the source of the spiritual food. Just recently the holy spirit was removed from the baptismal questions. The Organization is run by imperfect men and that's all there's to it.They even admit there is no supernatural involvement. The closest they can get to God is by reading the bible.

The Organization has received no new revelations regarding the execution of the end times. Isaiah 42:9 says, "See, the first things have come to pass; Now I am declaring new things. Before they spring up, I tell you about them." If any out there have a true prophetic message to give to the GB then by all means do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit