Do you believe in a personal God?

by StephaneLaliberte 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

No. Of course not. The idea is repugnant to my mind.

What kind of "god" would allow this to happen:

-

While also allowing this man to claim to represent him:

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Happy holidays btw.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

You mean as a mere imperfect human, you wouldn't watch your children or loved ones tortured, maimed, starved, raped, sodomized, and slaughtered because a neighborhood bully said you didn't have the balls to watch it for centuries...over and over...and over...and over again?

Yeah.....that is the Jehovah's Witness doctrine called Universal Sovereignty.

If 'imperfect humans' wouldn't do that for a bully..... why would an almighty god?

You literally have to check your brain at the door. Beyond absurd.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned
    And you’re going to tell me that God provides food on my table or gives a fridge to a pioneer in need?

It's like you have the same brain as I. I have brought almost exactly the same thing up to close friends and they just give me this smirk as if to say "your just spiritually weak" and they prance away never thinking a thing of it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

All I can say is I wanted to kick Witnesses in the rear-end when they said evil had to play out until the creator felt it was "time" to step in. So, I could never stand talking about this topic.

I hated their idea that this is all supposedly about a universal issue. So, therefore, billions of people had to live and die. Some horribly.

It would seem to me a creator should have stepped in ages ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit