What is the motivation behind the JW org?

by Half banana 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Half banana
    Half banana

The GB has recently said that the brothers are generously contributing lots of money (at gunpoint it seems!) so why with a billion Dollar annual income do they demand more cash?

They have staunched the outward flow of money on paid preachers, zone overseers and Bethel expenses and stalled the promised worldwide luxury buildings projects.

As an ORGANIZED RELIGION i.e. hierarchical, (Rutherford rotates in his grave) they now own all the JW buildings world-wide as well, to the tune of probably another billion or two, so why the blatant Watchtower money grabbing?

They have so kindly released the brothers from all their mortgages... how very Christian!

The consequence of this is that now all congregations instead of having the secure knowledge of paying off a debt, as in a mortgage, are now being made to pay a tribute in perpetuity the cost of a KH mortgage payment for a building which they probably made at their private expense and effort and yet will never legally own.

This a monumental scam worthy of the mind of Mr Ponzi

Are they just greedy? Perhaps more to the point; who is the "they"?

Is any other party interested in the financial success of the WTBTS (or whatever business names it may be registered in)? Is it their bankers... or are there others investing in this religious corporation?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Personally, I think the WTBTS is owned. It's a great scam for laundering tax free $$$.

DD

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    It would be great to know the answer to this. I lean towards the idea that there is not anyone else behind it all.
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    The cover-ups, the ARC, the hearing in UK, hear about a hearing in germany soon - there's so much. Even when the people don't leave, you know the reasons, they vote with the money. Also there lawsuits following the ARC, so they need money the can spend.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

The big question is how much money is going out. I would imagine an operation like that even with free labour would require hugh amounts of money. With all the cut backs / lay offs they must be in desperate times as this goes completely against everything they have taught e.g spiritual truth over flowing in the time of the end. Around the time I left I mentioned this to an elder / accounts- literature servant. His reply was there was no way they were covering the cost of the literature.

Even a billion dollars in the greater scheme of things isn't that much. For instance the government in this country has decided to build a luxury events center and I think the cost of that is around $500 million, and that just for an events centre. No where near the scale of Wt.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

That's a good question. When you are on the inside, it seems like they are for Jehovah. Their actions tell otherwise.

I'd love to see their 501c3 status removed. They do zero charity work. During Hurricane Katrina in 2004, the society sent their equipment to build their money making machines also known as Kingdom Halls. The leftover time they had they helped some brothers and sisters in need. Seems nice, right? Well before they began to do any reconstruction work, they told them to apply for their homeowners insurance first and then give the check to them. They loved to make photo ops for the local newspapers when they saw fit. Other brothers and sister were assisted by the local congregation money only. Which means all that donating didn't do anything.

If someone like Cedars, Paul or even Simon from this site would organize a rally and movement to that end, my husband and I would donate a hefty sum for that cause to get the word out.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

do they demand more cash?

The WTS is once again being deceptive concerning its wealth.

The body of JWS do not know about the many branch sell offs or that the WTS is going to gain another billion this year from the sale of its Brooklyn properties.

They are playing a slight of hand gimmick to make the impression that the WTS is cash poor, such as removing special pioneers , asking children to give up their candy money etc.

All of this is being done with deception to pry more money out of people's hands. $$$$$

You believe don't you , show your faith to Jehovah.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Motivation: A religion with a lot of real estate and rakes in a lot of dough. What better than that?!🙄

DY

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

Nobody said it better than L Ron Hubbard but I'm sure CT Russell said it first.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well religion is a game of power and wealth after all, the WTS has shown this to be " The Truth "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit