Russell's chronology was right after all!

by Vanderhoven7 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparky1
    sparky1

"You can bet your ass that A.D.1878 is the year that Christ will begin his heavenly rule. These are God's dates and not my own. I couldn't change them if I wanted to." - C.T. Russell 'That faithful and wise servant'

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    What was Jesus doing before 1878?...too many injustices were committed in the world and continued to happen after that year. If that is his kingdom, I prefer to be agnostic.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Humph...I suppose no one has ever examined Pastor Russell's 88 proofs that Jesus returned on October 22nd 1874 and began ruling in the heavens 31/2 years later in April 1878. Just check the calculations.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Jacob... ;)
  • Terry
    Terry

Pastor Russell pointed to 1799 as the beginning of the “time of the end,” not 1914. For Russell 1914 was the end of the Gentile Times and the end of the time of trouble.

in 1879, he started publishing Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence (not coming).
    The rapture was to take place in 1878. When it failed to transpire, Russell split with Barbour and went off on his own.

(
    http://pastorrussell.blogspot.com/2010/06/pastor-russell-and-henry-dunn-1801-1878.html)
    Russell believed that Christ had returned invisibly in 1874 and that he had been ruling from the heavens since that date.
    He predicted that a period known as the "Gentile Times" would end in 1914 and that Christ would assume power of Earth's affairs at that time. He interpreted the outbreak of World War I as the beginning of Armageddon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2520 years minus 607 when Jerusalem was destroyed = 1913 (accounting for no year zero) = 1914

That`s 2520 - 607 = 2014

But wait, that`s 2520 prophetic years of 360 days, not solar days of 365.25 days. To convert to solar days then one must multuiply 2520 x 365.25 which gives us 2,484 actual years. Then we subtract 607 and guess what....

2484 - 607 = 1877 (accounting for no year zero) = 1878

Image result for heresy..Image result for numerology

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its bit funny and nostalgic in the realization that the JWS (the only true religion) was started by false but alluring doctrines commercialized by studiously corrupt late 19th century charlatans, running their own publishing house.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    The measurements of the pyramid confirm the date of 1878. We know this because there's a groove cut in one of them which Pastor Russell says is 1878 inches long. How loving of Jehovah to make such an accurate witness to Biblical prophetic truth, and in a unit of measurement which didn't even exist at the time of the pyramid's construction.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    All the math in the OP gave me a headache.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Russell's chronology was right after all! 

Yes, bible prophecy involving numbers and dates is so clear and easy to understand, isn't it ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit