Have you seen this appalling new Caleb and Sophia video??

by stuckinarut2 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This manipulative new Caleb and Sophia video has got me so angry!!

The level of cultiness has just gone to a whole new level!

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/make-jehovah-god-happy/

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

I always knew Cheetos and the powder they leave behind were from Satan

• pixel
    pixel

OMG graduating = violence cartoons!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Pixel: The cartoon says its wrong to cheat. Doesn't say anything about graduating...

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The message in itself isn't all that bad:

Don't cheat and don't play violent games.

Problem is that this message is wrapped in a package of "the bad world" vs "us".

The boy could easily have said: Yeah, I don't really like this game, we're outside, how bout we play ball instead? The girl could have said: No thanks. I got this one.

And the concept of having angels jump up and down because she doesn't cheat and he doesn't play video games, that is shear lunacy. The kids should simply do what is right because they feel better about doing the right things. Not because they feel watched and scrutinized by hundreds, if not thousands of angels in the sky. that is just absolutely crazy!

But I guess that what WT is expert at. Start from a small innocent good idea and make it cultish to the extreme.

• btlc
    btlc

It made me sick and angry. Jesus hasn't better job to do? Isn't there enough real problems to solve, enough abused children and starving people around the world to watch from heaven? Fkn retards who ever made this fear&guilty vactination sht.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I thought Watchtower had given up on those Sofia and Caleb cartoons. I just watched it thinking how my 2 youngest kids would see it. Watchtower just doesn't understand kids.

My 2 youngest kids:

- would be baffled that a supposedly smart kid couldn't answer 168/4=___

- play far better vid games on their smart phones than that ancient artifact those boys in the school playground had.

Another "fail" from the borg. Long may it continue.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    The message in itself isn't all that bad:
    Don't cheat and don't play violent games.

Actually, there was also a strong suggestion that Sofia should not aspire to graduate from university. That part was disgusting.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

And don't forget, if you're good you'll make cartoon angels happy.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I wonder how many "hook line and sinker" uber parents will further embarrass their children by following this looney tune to the letter by hugging their children at the doorstep of the school and start to pray with them on the doorstep of the kids school, as portrayed in this clip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit