Here's another subtle reverse-witnessing topic:

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The next time a JW brings up a natural disaster or severe weather event as proof of the last days, and they preface it by reciting a fact they heard on the news like, (just for the sake of example) 'It's the worst earthquake in 70 years' or 'the worst plague in 200' years', (you get the picture), then simply reply: "Oh, so that means that ____ years ago there was one that was worse, right?"

I did this twice. Both times got the same response:

*chirp-chirp-chirp*

• alanv
    alanv

Its a good point. Makes me laugh when the news item says something like its the hottest day for 10 years. OK so what?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have made this comment a few times ,its the biggest cyclone we have had i 50 years ,OK I say, so we had one as big as this 50 years ago? and umpteen more this big in the last few Centuries just like it.

My J.W. niece said to me once when we were driving through a rural area ,"look how dry it is everything is brown no green growth anywhere

"with reference to the "last days" I said its summertime dear we are in a drought its what happens this time most years.

• zeb
    zeb

It has always bugged me that jw thrive on the misery of others.

• sickness
    • earthquakes
    • heat/ blizzards
    • some one dying

get a life..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I sometimes use something similar when I hear that "this is the worst time in human history" or somesuch....

..."You'd rather live in the Old West? The Middle Ages? The Roman Empire?"

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Predators prey on the weaklings of its prey. That is how JWs are trained. To take advantage of disasters and sufferings (Weakest situations) of others.

Shame, I too had been doing this once.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The real predators are those in high positions including the GB who deep down know TTATT but spin events deceptively for their flock. Most R&F JWs I wouldn't say are trying to prey on others, so much as they're desperately in search of confirmation for their world-view.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Neat Blue Dog, You are right

That is why I mentioned "That is how JWs are trained" obviously by the GB
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Oh yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you, just mentioning a similar thought. 👍

• cobweb
    cobweb
    Makes me laugh when the news item says something like its the hottest day for 10 years. OK so what?

Fair enough. But what if it was the hottest day ever recorded the next day and then the next, and the next. After a while surely it would start to freak you out?

The years with the highest recorded world temperature (since 1880) 17 of those years have been in this century. Its not evidence for the last days of course but its surely grounds for some conclusions to form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit