Politically Correct Wasteland

by freemindfade 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ranmac
    ranmac

I havnt read thru this thread yet but I just have to say,

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Please join us for a special talk this Sunday on the timely issue, 'Overalls: Are They for Christians?' "

• ranmac
    ranmac

It's funny how people say it's not about political correctness, it's about being respectful. Well the truth is the PC movement has become a foul mouthed aggressive bully.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

And that biggest motivation of the movement (especially in these discussion board situations) is Virtue Signalling.

I find that a little nauseating but signal away kids

• sparky1
    sparky1

I would say that this woman in overalls is definitely P.C. .

PRETTY CUTE!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Darkmatter did a great job summarizing it.. much better than I can

Can Jeffery talk God out of being an SJW, or will SJWs themselves make God realize what a carcinogenic ideology they espouse? Perhaps actions will speak louder than words. I understand that I'll probably get a lot of shit for this video, and to those of you who disagree, please try to refrain from a typical unthinking Pavlovian response to my use of the dreaded SJW "buzzword" (or "bellword" as it were). Social justice has been bastardized into the new creationism. In its name, people have been supporting unsubstantiated belief and suspicion over evidence. Concepts that were once clear and valid, like safe spaces, triggers, privilege, racism, and sexism, have had their meanings altered to the point of deception through the repeated abuse and misuse of the terminology until it succumbs to utter triviality at best, downright divisiveness at worst, and ultimately exemplifies the ironic justification of blatant bigotry through collectivist ideals that strive to supplant perceived supremacy with intentional supremacy and authoritarianism. "...but, but, but, DarkMatter, why would you be against equality?!" Yeah right. Beware of those who co-opt virtuous language to suit their nefarious deeds. Such hypocrisy is abhorrent to me, so I reserve the right to speak about it. If you care about equality, as I do, then you'll reject its misuse as a term.
    I would also caution against falling into similar tactics through the overuse/misuse of terms like "SJW" and "regressive" which are terms that can certainly be valid, but shouldn't be applied to people who do not manufacture controversy and are sincerely trying to fight actual injustices, like real racism and real sexism, with no thought of using such battles solely to elevate their status. Overusing and misapplying those terms is little different than calling everyone racist and sexist at the drop of a hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RM2SuMyYDU

• ranmac
    ranmac

FMF, yep. The motives behind this absurd form of altruism completely undermines itself and makes it a contradictive joke.

Nauseating indeed

• DJS
    DJS

Ditto Free Mind Fade. And Talesin, spot on.

I've tried being a member of the Decorum Faction, but time after time I've failed. But I also don't fit into the Dauntless, Amity, Erudite, Abnegation, and Candor Factions.

As Tobias (Four) said in Divergent. "I think we've made a mistake. We've all started to put down the virtues of the other factions in the process of bolstering our own. I don't want to do that. I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest. I continually struggle with kindness."

I'm all for decorum. Except when I'm not. But the Nattering Nannies of Niceties won't have it any other way it seems. They can't get their way by using the "Dislike" button, because some of us don't care and some of us are trying to get their reaction with as many "Dislikes" as possible. So they rat us out to Simon, who occasionally has used a well placed and perfect for the occasion F word himself. Though it isn't often.

It's like SSC said in the weight loss OP that probably contributed to this yet another calling out by our wonderful site master Simon. And when I say contributed, I mean me. My knuckles have been rapped so often they are red. Adults don't change their bad habits or their minds unless they are publicly ridiculed, similar to banning smoking in public and treating smokers as pariahs, or they are financially or otherwise penalized. It's kind of like weight training.

No pain. No gain.

And as Cofty says, for all you Hovering Hens of Hysteria, four steps over and five steps down is the Dislike button.
  • cofty
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

exactly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit