Politically Correct Wasteland

by freemindfade 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

A good rule of thumb I try to use is... attack the post not the poster.

Seems like debate is healthy but once a post starts calling someone names even calling them sensitive it becomes perceived as personal. But thats just my thought.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Good rule of thumb
  • scary21
    scary21

I hate all this PC stuff. Emery college students are traumatized by seeing the name TRUMP written in chalk.

I feel sorry for the young people growing up today, what a bunch of wimps.

Granted, Trump sounds more like a few bar owners I've known through the years, than a presidential candidate, but get a grip people.

Bardamu, that video was so funny, thanks for posting.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    What does what I said have to do with trump lol!? Trump is the king of misogyny, no

You mentioned trump in about the second sentence...if your post was specifically about this board say so...you made it sound like a general observation on modern life....

Not an observation about a nasty and prolonged series of attacks on one person, on one thread on this board.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yea I said that I would be called a Trump supporter regardless and that's what happened. Simply by suggesting that everyone is having knee jerk reactions to every word everyone says.
  • M*A*S*H
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

lol! exactly!! I am sure before the day is over even I'll be compare to da fuhrer!

Me: Everyone is a little too sensitive...

Everyone else: How dare you!!

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Freemindfade, my son, give in to the mob. Don't resist. Turn the other cheek today, and I shall bless the other cheek tomorrow with a lifetime of spiciness on your eternal porcelain throne.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Jehalepeno has spoken, i will make it so..

• just fine
    just fine

It does seem as though people do get their feelings hurt easily. The problem for me is that some people ( not referring to anyone specifically) are very very sensitive and then expect the rest of the world to change to sooth their insecurities.

i got over that fairly quickly after leaving the JW's where you are practically taught to be offended by everything. As a woman working in a male dominated field a thick skin is required, no one is going to coddle me.

Besides if no one challenges my beliefs how will I grow and learn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit