Unique JW Phrases 101

by Solzhenitsyn 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

What unique to JWs phrases do you remember?

Something Fun for those of us taught to speak an entirely unique and pure language. There have been posts in the past in this forum but perhaps some have new ones after having kept up with Jehovah's chariot as the light gets brighter.

"So you were molested and didn't have another witness to the crime? Well I'm sorry but you should just...[everyone altogether now...!"]...leave it in Jehovah's hands."

"We'll Tom, me and brother Narcissimo camped out in the bushes at your girlfriends house, and you stayed the entire night. I understand you say nothing happened but we will now form a judicial committee. You should have just raped her behind the hall, denied it, and then you wouldn't be in this predicament. We hope you'll humbly accept Jehovah's correction from us who have earned the trust of the congregation"

"Put on the new personality"

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Isn't it happyfying, Brother Solzhenitsyn, that you have the privilege to share such inspired expessions.

Evidently, you are a right minded one and have a good standing in the congregation.

RayoFlight2014.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

"The Truth" as a reference name for the Watchtower (the organization). That is the equivalent to "The Church" as used by Catholics. The phrase used to describe the religious organization does relate directly to the teachings of the religion because "old truth" and "new truth" are all-encompassing terms referring to what was published in Jehovah's Witnesses' books, magazines, convention speeches, and audio-video productions. "Old Truth" is what they taught for some years and that was eventually replaced with "New Truth" in new printed publications or in video productions.

If what they are teaching is clearly false or outdated (i.e., "Armageddon coming in 1975" replaced by "we don't know when it is coming, but Jehovah's punishment of old systems of things, non-believers, apostates, and JWs who are not 100% dedicated to the preaching work as directed and taught by the Watchtower, is clearly on the horizon." Please note that the horizon(s) never changes if you are not moving. But if you are consistently changing your position or going in the wrong direction - then the effective horizon changes with you.

So the more the Watchtower "adjusts" its policies and teachings - then that JW horizon just keeps on moving and changing - and so does JW "truth." That results in their "truth" being always in a state of change - and therefore unreliable.

JV

• Biahi
    Biahi

Old light. Sheeplike ones. Anyone who questions ‘too much’ when studying is dropped as not being ‘sheeplike’ if they ask too many questions.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

behoove.

the process where a metal shoe is nailed to a horse's hoof.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Appreciate the grand privilege of unity in this time of the end as we go our separate ways. So, that's fine, isn't it brothers.... (to infinity)

There are a few listed in my book on Amazon (hint, hint)........

Millions Now Living by [Jackson, Paul G]

I also remember 'Americanisms' that are not in common use here in the UK e.g. Hunker Down, Oldsters, Hazing. The Jobos who wrote this stuff didn't seem to appreciate(TM) that there was a world outside of New York, the raddled old drunks.

• zeb
    zeb

"We conclude therefore"

"It would;d be reasonable to assume"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Goat like ones ,who didnt appreciate the WT message .

Paradise Earth , Organization , Sovereignty , Reinstatement , Governing Body .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

kingdom hall.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

(religiously) divided home.

I hat this phrase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit