Stories From the Back Room

by xjwsrock 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Joe - It's tough, believe me. You hear a culty statement sometimes every other sentence from the platform and in the back room the guys act like God is actually involved in their BS. At least I know it's all crap now.

Millie - I wish there was some way to communicate to the awake ones at the hall. I could tell them I got their back. But there's no way to do that in reality. It would be a lucky break for awake people to find each other in a cong. Also I am hoping hard on the time factor. My wife is smart but she is slow sometimes to catch on to things. I know more and more the org will expose themselves. That combined with the seeds I have planted hopefully will lead to a happy ending.

aintenoughwiskey - Lol... there are a lot of stories from back there, that's for sure...

I think I'll get another bottle of Rye for later tonight in honor of your name

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

xjwsrock

Just curious. Is the wife of the brother accused of cheating baptized and does she still attend meetings?

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

ToesUp,

I would call her a 'sometimes' attender considered in good standing. The BOE see her as a good little witness victim of a jerk husband.

The couple is upper middle age I would say ... It's not a case where the elders are goo goo for the young wife or anything... (that never happens of course.. lol)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

xjwsrock

I sent you a pm.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

What baffles me the most, though, is why would this guy even take a call from an elder? He actually took the call, set an appointment, and sat down with two elders - so they could interrogate him! And get this... there is another meeting scheduled with him

It's superstition on the part of this man. Inside of him, there is still a little voice that has a hold on him.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It shows the "captive mentality" the society instils in witnesses; that even though he is living a life of "sin", he still feels under their control....

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Most of these breakups end up happening inspite of the WT trying to slow down the process. In time some one can't hold out long enough and end up with someone else. Then freedom to remarry is there.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

wannaexit - I agree. Superstition is a good word for it too.

stuckinarut - it is hard to believe the hold that indoctrination can have on a person. We all lived it and I see it in others, and honestly I still have a hard time believing it.

Quarterback - What you describe is true. Unfortunately this often leads to a disfellowshipping because of the circumstances. Years ago I knew a young couple where the wife went to the elders because the husband was being physically abusive. The elders didn't believe her, probably because the brother was popular in that congregation. She eventually left him, cheated, and got disfellowshipped just to be done with it all. Sad.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

XJW I'm not I'm not much of a drinker anymore. My standard answer for something I'll never do is there ain't enough whiskey in Texas for that to happen. I have a story from the back room. And Elder took in a young sister to board with him in his wife. His wife was probably 250 pounds to be kind. Before you know it he was doing her. It was all kept quiet until she was ready to be married. She went to speak to the elders about using the hall. One of the two elders that she spoke with was the one that was doing her. They asked her if anything prevented her from being married in the hall? She said you know that thing between you and me. The other Elder asked what did she mean? Then she spilled the beans about doing the first Elder. The other Elder just about crapped his pants and had to call in the P.O. at the time and it was it was a big full on dog and monkey show. First elder DFed.

The same hall had an elder that was molesting his own children. It was only found out after he died. They each thought they were the only one. I can picture those innocent children scared out of their minds, confused and praying to god for help. That pig creeping in doing unspeakable things to them. I should look up his grave and take a big steaming dump on it?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thanks for the exploits. You know the saying. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. In all honesty the majority of elders get a high with these power trips.

I sit back there shocked at how these men play "God" in people's lives.

The only power elders have, is the power that is afforded them. I believe Giulio Andreotti said it best:

"Power wears out those who don't have it."

I stopped recognizing their authority a few years ago. And although I'm still a member that shows up every once in a blue moon, they are not stupid enough to even look in my direction unless it's just to say hello. They learned I'm a no nonsense kind of guy so that lesson has been taught already.

Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit