10 years ago I woke up and found this site

by cantleave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

This was my first post on here.....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/177753/hi-hope-am-welcome

There have been a lot of changes since then .. I am healthier, happier, wealthier. I have put the JW's well and truly behind me. I no longer care about any of their opinions, their teachings or their existence. My amazing wife and I escaped and that allowed our kids to grow up without fear of an impending Armageddon. They are young adults and have their lives ahead of them. They can be whoever they want to be, take whatever path they want to, express themselves without us worrying if they are offending someone with pseudo-authority in a group of cult indoctrinated lemmings.

My biggest fear 10 years ago was the possibility of being DF'd ... in actuality, it was the best thing that ever happened. Yes we have lost some family and "friends", but who needs toxic people in their lives? We don't, we have rebuilt our lives, made new friends and become our authentic selves.

Image may contain: Jane Robertson, smiling, glasses and close-up

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

happy anniversary

• cofty
    cofty
    Great post - Having kids is the best reason to get out and make a clean break.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. It was 10 years this winter for me also, the winter of 2008-09, I stumbled across this site. I stumbled across this site from when I was on Cal Lehman's site years ago. Towerwatch.com and the tower watch ministries on Cal Lehman's site, on his forums. I'm not sure if his forums are no longer, well, active. Pardon the pun, LOL.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Exactly, if they cut you off they were never really your friends, just some people you met at the Kingdom Hall. You guys look happy, glad you're enjoying your life.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Congratulations and Happy anniversary! Good for you! You're a year ahead of me.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I am healthier, happier, wealthier. I have put the JW's well and truly behind me. I no longer care about any of their opinions, their teachings or their existence.

It sounds like you're living the life of Riley. Good for you!

but who needs toxic people in their lives?

Yeah I agree, a lot of people would like to get rid of their toxic family and we had it done for us. Result!

Congratulations on moving on!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Congratulations ! The Ten year Marker is a real Milestone of achievement. We were only a few months ahead of you in leaving, and we too can say with pride " we have rebuilt our lives, made new friends and become our authentic selves. "

It does take time and effort to undo decades of living in a High Control Mind Control Cult, but it is work well worth doing, happiness lies down that road.

I hope both our stories will encourage JW's to leave, and those who have recently left to continue walking the road to freedom.

Love to you all, what a lovely family you are !

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Congratulations to you both. So happy your lifes are going well. Isn't the 10th the red meat liquor anniversary? Lol. What a happy picture of you both . Cult's takes so much from us and it takes alot of hard work to get yourselves cult free. Your success is proof you can do it. Both of you take care and have a great day. Still Totally ADD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

10 years--where did they go ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit