My Dad wants to study with me

by BlackWolf 53 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When you say your Dad has anger issues, do you mean he'll hit you?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Black Wolf... have you created your Art Portfolio yet?

Edited to add: Do NOT get baptized. Move out if you have to.

• midnight
    midnight

Your going to get psychologically bullied into submission from now on all I can advice is to appease your dad in order to buy time to become self sufficient hope things go well ☺

• pbrow
    pbrow

Blackwolf.... Can you take him??

If not, prepare to get out. Live with your end goal in mind every day!

If yes, then study and "lets get ready to ruuuummmmbllleeee!! " Of course you should also live your life every day with your end goal in mind to GTFO!

pbrow

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

Blackwolf, ask your dad who invented the name Jehovah. The honest answer, tell him, exist in the publication, Aide to Bible Understanding, it does not appear in the publication, Insight to the Scriptures. If he is honest about being in a true religion, he'll leave once he discovers a Catholic Monk invented the name Jehovah. Or, he'll get mad and toss you out the door for being demonic or something! My advise to you, do not do anything you are not moved to do, you'll regret it later!

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

Thank you everyone for your support. He's going to "study" with me tonight. I'm not just going to go along with whatever he wants (and I'm definitely NOT going to get baptized), but I'm not going to start an argument either. I'll tell him my point of view and if he disagrees I'm not going to fight with him. Maybe eventually he will understand that I'm not interested and give up, who knows.

Also, I am a girl. Maybe the username I picked seems masculine? I don't think gender is important but I guess in Jehovah land it is. Most witness women are treated like crap and I don't want to be one of them.

• Landy
    Landy

I think you've got it about spot on - just take it easy and try not to make a big issue of it.

Good luck!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Good for you BW. I think you have a well thought out plan considering your circumstances. Think of the long game. As hard as it may be for you right now to go along and not create waves, you are well ahead of many others like myself who didn't get out until later in life. I was 40 when I left.

Best wishes. Try to keep the emotions in check.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

So I just finished "studying" with my dad, and I think it went relatively well. I was able to bring up some of my own ideas without getting into a big argument. I ended up telling him that I accept evolution and I can't ignore the facts. One piece of evidence I used is that cetaceans have bones that resemble back feet and serve no purpose. When I asked him what he thought of this all he could come up with is "I don't know", at least he is being honest with himself. I also explained to him what a scientific theory really is, since he had no clue. Anyway the study is going to continue next week and I'm hoping I can bring up a few more points that might open his eyes a little. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much though. I'm trying to be as calm and respectful as I can, and so far he has been the same. I really hope things stay that way. I think he may be bipolar or something because there are times when he is really calm and understanding, and other times when he is really angry and even abusive. I understand he can't help it though, I have mental issues as well.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your encouragement. If your interested in seeing my drawings I have an Instagram: zarahchristensen

• TheListener
    TheListener

Good luck Blackwolf. I really do wish you the best with this. It's a tough situation to be in but it sounds like you're handling it well. My situation was very different but similar too. I am married and had to deal with my wife who is still a JW. She's very normal but while I was fading she also seemed like she had bipolar. I think it has to do with the stress of seeing someone they love so much choosing to turn their back on God and choosing to die (although that is only in their opinion no reality, but perception is reality). My wife and I have come to a peaceful unspoken agreement about my involvement in the witnesses so I hope that you and your parents can do the same. Unfortunately the stress of each situation until that happens can be a lot to bear. Hang in there and keep venting here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit