Reasons for Stagnation in Growth. AKA YearBook Numbers!

by ttdtt 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• done4good
    done4good

Just to fix my math, according to the yearbook numbers provided, growth is ~1%, not less than 1%. This is still at or less than population growth.

d4g

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well put Done4good, I am not that good at figures, I also think that going by my gut reaction is usually a bad thing to do, but I do think they have reached the Tipping Point.

I agree too that they never have been good at reacting to events that overtake them, I am hoping their decline will be rapid.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I did the math and it was like .93% ?
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    As an organization, the Skakers can hardly be said to exist. There are only a handful ( I think only 3 or 4) Shakers now. They are all at Sabbathday Lake, Maine.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't know if JW membership growth is "stagnating".

I do get the impression it's "plateauing", however.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Vid, that may be a better metaphorical way of putting it, stagnating suggests no growth, and I think they will continue to grow in numbers for a while, probably not as many as they claim !

I do think still, as above that the Tipping Point has been reached, and even on their massaged figures we will be able to detect a decline in the rate of growth from now on, whereas the Population that Big J has destroy will go on growing apace.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Well thats a good word to - but are we splitting hairs?

showing no activity; dull and sluggish.

"a stagnant economy"

synonyms:inactive, sluggish, slow-moving, lethargic, static, flat, depressed,declining, moribund, dying, dead, dormant
    "a stagnant economy"
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The small growth that they have is the baptism of young publishers (born in's). Every recent assembly/convention has had fewer baptisms and they are 80% JW kids. There has been a big push in recent years to get kids as "publishers" and get them baptized. Now that these kids are all on the "rolls" and being counted, from where else will there be any growth? Not from the trolly/cart work. It's only from more JW babies. And yet, the growth is smaller than average population growth. That means there is a decline overall when growth does not even = population growth.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit