300 books and magazines placed outside The Shard

by pleaseresearch 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

It all sounds like BS / propaganda to me.

smiddy

• sir82
    sir82

I've seen numerous carts in various locations, even in different countries. And I've quizzed JWs who manned the cart in locations I didn't see.

I've never seen or heard of a reaction other than indifference or a surly frown. Certainly I've never seen anyone even close to taking any "literature". I've heard of maybe a handful of books being taken.

300 in 2 hours? Something sounds fishy with this report.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

some of the cobblers you hear from them or passed on, one example a few months back was about a jw who manned a cart at a underground station in London and she claimed the reason she placed so many of the rags was because the general public LOVE to read the magazines ! she clearly either doesn't travel on the network or is completely in some sort of bubble because the vast percentage of commuters are plugged into to their headsets watching/listening to their smartphones/tablets, WiFi is now live on the underground, even the free newspapers struggle to get taken these days

• alanv
    alanv

Average publisher increase from last year to this in Uk was 185 lol

• besty
    besty

As a London commuter (go past the Shard twice a day as it happens) I really struggle with this 300 in 2 hours. Given that all our reports basically speak to the same thing - carts in busy areas but little to zero actual engagement - its improbable.

I also used to see the carts outside Charing Cross Station at peak times, but these have disappeared in the last few months. The JW's there were competing with the following:

City AM

Time Out

Gym Membership freebies

Free product trial offers - meal replacement bars etc

The homeless guy selling Big Issue

The homeless guy who has wet himself (again)

Actual real charities - Breast Cancer day etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if Westminster Council told the JW's to sling their hook as it was becoming a road traffic safety issue with thousands of commuters fighting their way through all the 'offers' to cross one of the busiest roads in central London.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Great to hear from people who walk past these carts. The big question is then, if on a normal day the carts aren't so busy. Why when Watchtower cameras are present it's like a frenzy?

Did they go many times and see the unproductive days, or were they extremely lucky that they were there when the fish were biting. Or what else, they staged it all hahaha to get that perfect piece for the camera? Got brothers and sisters to take literature, pay people to show how busy and amazing these carts are. I'm struggling to understand why on any normal day they are quiet, but when the JW camera crew are in town, these carts cant keep up with demand.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'd like to see this so called frenzy, any pics of it?
  • nugget
    nugget
    If it is right by a tourist attraction people may have picked up literature thinking there was some connection. However thy won't necessarily have read it or even kept it but tossed it at the earliest opportunity. It would be interesting to check the local bins to see if any were thrown away.
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

It was a video that was viewed by many congregations here in the UK, maybe other counties too I'm not sure.

I believe it was part of the special needs section of the meeting.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Again I call BS on this. 300 in mostly foreign languages?

So what languages?

How many different languages did they carry? Its general practice for the cart to be ALL 1 language as the headboard is in 1 language.

Did they keep switching the head board with different languages so those people would know what it said?

If they did give away 300 in different languages - they would need a massive stock of books in the "truck I guess" to keep filling up the cart that can only hold a few.

TOTAL BS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit