300 books and magazines placed outside The Shard

by pleaseresearch 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Hi all.

So I got a txt today from a very proud mum claiming that, the JW cart produced 300 book and magazine placements. Mostly from foreign speakers.

The Shard is the tallest building in the UK. This is where the cart was placed.

Not a bad day they had really. It was over 2 hrs. So that's 150 an hour. Every time I've always seen the cart out and about a city or town nobody has been to it. But if this is true, then not bad today.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    its incredibly busy there, very close to London Bridge Station,Guys Hospital and on Borough High Street, really one of the busiest parts of London, interesting to see how many get read then dumped, if she was to monitor the cart in my town on a high street and railway line she might see a different scenario, still sceptical though can a cart even hold a 100 rags? they are rather prone to exaggeration,twisting and outright lies as we know.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........and upon the realization that this is a fraud put out by a religoius publishing house, the majority got tossed into the trash soon there after

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Yeah but how many disciples did they make?
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The problem with these reports is that it is reported as if distribution is a success by itself. However, the success of an advertising campaign is never measured by the number of flyers that were distributed. Rather, it is measured on the rate of response from these.

Hence, a success report should read: We have distributed 300 publications. From these, 10 have reported to have read the book. 4 reported that it had a positive influence for them and 2 have started bible studies.

If all the 300 recipients simply read the first 2 pages and threw the publications away, than, that is not success, it is simply a loss of resources.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

So how in reality could 1 cart be placing more than 2 books a minute continually? That sounds kinda fishy.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Probably she did like I used to do when I was doing street witnessing: Here, this is yours, its free. And basically run away when people took it.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    StephaneLaliberte
    Im sure that was tongue and cheek:) but they are trained to NOT approach anyone - just help someone who comes up and is interested.

I don't believe that her experience is correct. It does not match with any know experience I have seen.
    I have seen Carts in NYC on super busy and touristy street, and people just Walk By. No one wants that crap.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a well known fact that JWS will embellish stories about how many hours and how many placements they make.

but embellishing is not the same as lying when doing the Lord's work.

• besty
    besty

I was just surprised they gave me the 300 I asked for :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit