300 books and magazines placed outside The Shard

by pleaseresearch 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"it seems coincidence that when the WT's cameras where there they had 2 super days" I doubt they had any cameras there at all

"I've never known these carts to be productive, are they?

No, as productive as walking from one end of a territory to another finding a NH at the first spot and a NH at the last spot, or driving to rural territory and driving around for hours not finding a soul at home, I sense you know that though. You know it takes almost 7000 hours to convert a jw from the D2D ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in the opening post :

So I got a txt today from a very proud mum claiming that, the JW cart produced 300 book and magazine placements. Mostly from foreign speakers.

i suppose it would be helpful if the literature was printed in their language.

• freddo
    freddo

@Slidin

I was present at the midweek meeting with the Amsterdam video and I thought that they said several Bible Studies were started. Not sure now.

But I thought: What is "several"? Why use the word at all? I would use "several" if say I handed out between about 4 and 8 tracts but didn't make a note of the number. Any more and I would have guessed at about 10 or a dozen.

So I believe they said "several" because the number was pitifully low for a four day event with two million visitors (if I heard that correctly). Let's give them the benefit of the lie and imagine they had eight start a study from these dozens of carts.

What sort of study would it be? A doorstep study of which half (4) would fizzle in two visits and maybe one would last more than a month?

It is truly pathetic.

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil
    Maybe you should break it to mum, most of this ends up in the trash.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yet no studies started....

This sort of "news" is designed to help the publisher feel useful and validated in their activity. It doesn't have to be factual to do that....

• baker
    baker
    maybe 300 paragraphs= 1 book
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think i shall have to visit the uk if this is true though i myself on 3 different times have got 14 or 15 teaching books at just one cart.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

In their heyday they distributed tens of millions of pieces of literature a year, and only had a couple of hundred thousand baptisms, half of which are probably children born into the religion. 300 magazines is unlikely to have any result.

I actually think that the carts will result in net negative growth. Few will join the religion from seeing a cart, but the JWs there become sitting ducks for people to approach them with well thought out information about the religion to make them think.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

...6000 pieces of literature distributed, less than 10 each. I person was reported to have asked for a study.

Let's see. 6,000 pieces of literature at 10 cents each (?) for printing costs comes out to $600 per bible study.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

So I got a txt today from a very proud mum claiming that, the JW cart produced 300 book and magazine placements. Mostly from foreign speakers.

The Shard is the tallest building in the UK. This is where the cart was placed.

Not a bad day they had really. It was over 2 hrs. So that's 150 an hour. Every time I've always seen the cart out and about a city or town nobody has been to it.

With apologies to your mother but I'm struggling to believe this,

I work very near the two carts they have there. One cart is near the Tooley Street entrance to London Bridge station and the other cart is near the Shard.

Firstly - the JW's behaviour. I see them:

• Chatting with each other
    • Staring into space
    • Flicking through Apps on their Smartphone

But I never, ever, see them talking to people or people picking up literature. It never happens. I've seen other JW's talking to them (maybe at handover points in the day) but no normal members of the public at other times,

I keep meaning to counter witness to a younger one sometime, but I'm generally walking though from one of our offices to another.

Secondly - why would foreign speakers.pick up English based publications? Surely they'd want it in their own language?

So for those reasons I'm struggling with 300 placements in 2 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit