300 books and magazines placed outside The Shard

by pleaseresearch 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

300 books and magazines placed outside The Shard

So I got a txt today from a very proud mum claiming that, the JW cart produced 300 book and magazine placements......It was over 2 hrs. So that's 150 an hour.

2.5 pieces of WBT$ Literature placed per minute?..

........................A "Line Up" at a WBT$ Literature Cart??!!..

.....http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/9327/files/cart_medium.jpg?503Image result for Line up

..................................Image result for somebody's lying

• coalize
    coalize

1 placement every 24 seconds? Really?

Even when giving free flyer for a party you can't keep this cadence :D

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I need to find out if she was there in person. I don't think so because we don't live in London so it's interesting that she got these details. I have said before how unproductive I think the carts are, so this is one of them, I told you so texts, proving herself right.

I need to ring her and find out more about this.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So it was a video played at the KH. It showed carts outside The Shard and she says it was around 200 or 300 in two hours, several carts.

She also said there were 500 out in Amsterdam with the carts and thousands were being placed, even one woman stopping a tram to get a mag or book. Brothers having to go back and get more literature.

Hard to know what to believe, but she said from that video you can see how the carts are really being utilized now. But I've seen them around my city and in towns while visiting, and seen nobody taking them.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I have been watching the cart at a local flee market/outlet shops but I have yet to see anyone take literature or speak to the JWs standing meters away from the cart. It was the same in downtown Toronto last summer where they stood in the busy financial area. Unless they put the literature in the hands of the passers-by I can't see how that experience is possible.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

One of the key cart spots in London was at Oxford Circus crossroads until about six months ago. The area now has loud pop music blaring out making it impossible for JWs to operate there.

I think this is a good idea!--- which should be installed at each of the other busy JW sites in the city.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

It just seems a big coincidence that when the Watchtower camera's are present they have two super days. One in London and one in Amsterdam.

Would love to hear from any brothers or sisters that do the cart in popular city areas. Have you ever experienced a frenzy like was seen on this video at the meeting?

I mean it wouldn't really thrill a congregation to see what I've seen and that's very little action around the carts. It may have been that they were lucky to have such busy days, but I sense something wrong with this. If I had seen something like this in my city or anywhere for that matter then I would believe. But I've never known these carts to be productive. Are they?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A friend was there and he snapped this picture of the magazines and literature that was being displayed.

This explains everything .

• stillin
    stillin

Our congregation had a group from a metropolitan area come for a week to help with our seldom worked territory. They dressed like city-slickers and put stacks of 10 older magazines in a ziplock bag to leave at not-at-homes.

I'll bet they had some glorious stories to tell back in the big city! All of the magazines placed! The return visits handed over to the Service Overseer! The "simple country folk" they met!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The Amsterdam video was shown as local needs. It stated that 700 people manned carts during an event called "Sail Amsterdam". This is a massive event where yachts, boats under sail and tall ships gather. It is a spectacular event attended by hundreds of thousands of spectators. The result: 6000 pieces of literature distributed, less than 10 each. I person was reported to have asked for a study.

In my view that result is poor. It served more as a cart, JW. Urrgh propaganda piece than any thing else. If I was evaluating the success I would say with that massive footfall the result was pathetic. The report says that 1 person asked for a study, it did not say even that a study had been started. The event went on for 4 days! Pitiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit