JUNE 2019 Watchtower: Higher Education - HQ & Bethels are populated with evil, educated folks!

by The Fall Guy 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

"Please stop getting an education because it opens up your eyes to the idiocy of this cult and then you leave and we don't get your money"

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I have a close relative serving in a fairly "prestigious" role at Bethel. Incredibly gifted academically, graduated from uni with honors after winning an incredibly competitive full scholarship in a technically difficult major.

After graduating, regular pioneered for several years while actually being able to support themselves before entering Bethel. After around 15 years at Bethel, now feels "ashamed" of going to uni, as they are horrified when they are held out as an example to others of being able to successfully obtain a university degree while staying faithful and then entering full-time service at Bethel.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their is no way of verifying that this "sister" even exists such is the quotations JW`s /WT media always presents .

There is no way to back up their statements as to anything they say that is really truthful .

Its typical of the bullshit that keeps coming out of the Jehovah`s witness /Watchtower religion .

No corroborative evidence for anything they ever claim .

• skin
    skin
    how dangerous it is to ignore the warnings given by our heavenly Father

Where is the bible verse that gives us this warning?

• dozy
    dozy
    I am ashamed to admit that the education I pursued taught me to be critical of others, especially my brothers and sisters, to expect too much of them

Slagging off other JWs is something of a never ending activity for witnesses. I've sat in elders meetings where publishers were mercilessly criticised and in field ministry car groups where virtually the whole time was spent bitching about other congregation members. It's just the way things are done in "the Truth" - it tends to be a very critical religion , following the lead from the Society - nothing to do with a "critical mindset" formed from a university education. If anything , I found that JWs who had a decent education tended to be more positive and understanding about other JWs.

And I'm with others - this anonymous "testimonial" is just completely made up.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

skin it's Hezekiah 5:6. Thou shall not be edjumacated. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• zeb
    zeb

Is this why the gb have recently been asking law educated people et al to sign up.

and will these legal ones have to do their share of the 'field service"? or will they be allowed to step aside from that as the almighty Rutherford did.?

----

and re college. I was able on gaining double diplomas to put to death the experience given me of one or two school teachers who called me stupid etc. Ie I walk taller because of doing that education. But, the wt does not want anyone of its followers to stand tall.

Just today I wrote a personal reference for a young man moving in his employment and on the basis of my education.

Imagine writing a reference and signing off at the bottom "Read the Awake! for 5 years"

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    That time in my life showed me just how dangerous it is to ignore the warnings given by our heavenly Father through his organization. Jehovah knew me better than I knew myself. If only I had listened!”

It would be interesting to list all the quotes where the watchtower actually talks on behalf of God while no such thing is actually written in the bible. Sure, the bible does warn against trusting in the wisdom of humans rather than God and to the writings of books, there are no end, but would you replace these passages by: God doesn't want you to become a Doctor or an Architect?

If you say: God says this or that, effectively speaking on his behalf, than the conclusion reached when reading the bible should be obvious for everyone reading it.Otherwise, you are adding to the scriptures pretending to be inspired.

• new boy
    new boy

Yes, I made a big mistake by getting more educated. I know now why Jehovah really wants his people to be stupid. The worst thing for a mindless drone is more education.... who knows we could start something like critical thinking and we all know how dangerous that could be!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Higher education" is just a catch phrase for the wtbts, IMHO. It means simply learning to THINK about something other than endless meetings, meaningless service, monotonous study, and of course generous contributions to the world wide work! (lol)

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit