2018 JWBroadcasting "Higher education is useless" video CLIP

by Not_Culty 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Not_Culty
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

With regards to this idiots comment on “influencing ones thinking”, could not the very same thing be said of one who attends a meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I often think of how lucky I was to graduate highschool in the brief period where higher education was a "conscience matter." In a way, I'm also pretty lucky that they later went back on this stance, because having been to college to see firsthand how useful it was and that it was devoid of all the supposed bad influences (unless you were to go off looking for them) this was quite instrumental in my awakening - I knew they were catastrophically misleading people when they railed against higher education.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

This is absolutely atrocious. The way he then takes the glass and throws it on the floor is a violant image designed to scare people. Nothing said in this entire presentation presents any facts on which a reasonable person would draw conclusions. It is entirely aiming the emotions and fears of the listener.

Manipulation at its best.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Let's review: It's a cult!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Well, that was disgusting. How can he say that education is worthless? Don't they hire lawyers, engineers, and other professionals? These people received their skills through education.

I feel very sorry for the young people in the organization. This must really suck for them.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Higher education is useless" is a flawed statement. Education is either useful or useless. At what point does it change from being useful to useless? What makes education "lesser" if there is a "higher"?

• Half banana
    Half banana

This WT puppet says nothing. His 'argument', if it could be called that, is that higher education links you in to Satan's world. Satan is spoken of as if a real thing--what a childish dummy? Otherwise there is no logical argument used here, it is a typical endless, boring piece of WT propaganda. Propaganda in favour of keeping the faithful in the dark so as not to discover TTATT. He recommends Bible education as the only worthwhile education but doesn't realise that the essence of education is universal knowledge and its etymological meaning is "to be led out" -- to be made familiar with unfamiliar and exotic ideas not the dull repetition of Bible sayings. JW org broadcasting is mere cult propaganda and the men who peddle it are fools, like the man above.

• sir82
    sir82

The more desperate an organization or individual gets, the more rash & irrational its statements are.

You see this in other arenas as well .

• Half banana
    Half banana

truth_be_ known, you make a good point about distinguishing the types of education, secondary and tertiary. I favour making a distinction.

There is a big change in emphasis at university level at least in the humanities. Secondary education is still about taking in information, uni is about evaluating information.There it is expected that the student questions the veracity of statements from established authorities and the advanced student makes an examination to determine the integrity of source evidence which the authority uses for the claim or proposition being made.These are two points of critical analysis which if applied to JW doctrine would soon expose them to be an elaborate hoax riding high on emotion and religious sentiment (and make the GB look like the dumb cult leaders they really are!)

For those not familiar with this degree of information assessment have a look at the excellent posts on this site from Vienne (Rachel) who with a co-author has been writing an in-depth JW history.

It is transparent as to why Jehovah's Witnesses are heartily discouraged from getting get a university education............. but you only see it once you have left the JW mindset!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit