Using the term "Watchtower" when talking to a JW

by Sanchy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I've started using phrases such as "Watchtower said this" or "Watchtower did that", I can almost see their heads about to explode in anger, as if they've just realized they are talking to the Lucifer himself.

If you don`t use WBT$/JW "Cult Language" CORRECTLY..

Image result for You're suspect

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I like to use the phrase "the printing company" this usually creates interesting reactions.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Add the word Corporation, or inc. For extra effect!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I use the term "the religion" when talking to JWs.

I never used the term "Watchtower" even when I was in, and I certainly don't call it "the Truth" anymore!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've always used "the Society".

No one's batted an eye so far.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I always thought this was because the postates were the ones who started criticizing "The Watchtower" during The Great Apostasy in the 1980s.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Do elders call "the Society" to see what their latest teachings are when a JW who does not carry the title of elder comes to them and confesses that they committed a "serious sin"?

Ummm, yes.

• Chook
    Chook

Could also refer to the corporation in its different locations, they have many business names registered any will do. Remind them not to forget their book quota report each month. You also remind them there employment details change when they fail to report work card for six month , inactive workers don't get end of world bonuses.

• Schnufti
    Schnufti
    I have written something dumb. How can I delete this?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebel8 - "...the postates ..."

I'm Slim Postate, yes I'm the real Postate... all you other Postates are just imitatin'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit