Christians Know Who God Is

by Loi_241 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Loi_241
    Loi_241
    Coded Logic, I choose the original Bible copy, not translation. I respect your disagreement with me. Thank you for your time. Peace to you. :)
  • Loi_241
    Loi_241
    Bonsai, I think you are implying that god was created in the book of Genesis (written by goat herders who were trying to make a rudimentary guess as to how the universe came about). I have underestimated you. You are right. God and the story of god was created by men. I'm glad you understand that.
    I have underestimated you. That would be a good thing that you don't judge me. :) Yes Bonsai, I do follow the Bible. As in our conversation, Genesis 1:26 says, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." No men ever created god in the universe. What will you react to this scripture? This is a fact.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Jesus is an combination of many God in the area at the time . He has atributes of baal, osiris, Marduk, horus, Salem, Ra etc. I believe he was invented and made to be like all the gods to apeal to the masses. Also if one reads the bible you'll find that Jesus teaching controdict many of the says of his so called Hebrew father Yah. Some say this is do to one of the early christian leader's Marcion who did not like the Hebrew God. His death by sacrifice is not a new idea nor was his resurrection. The idea of a trinity is also not new to Christianity nor teachings that Jesus is just like his father. Study the book of the dead and you'll find huge similarities between chritanity and this ancient Egyptian religion. Baptism , circumcision, spirit, resurrection to heaven or paradise on earth, having ones heart judge, all from ancient Egypt.
  • Loi_241
    Loi_241
    punkofnice, What religion are you? What religion are you saying we should be? Do you go to a church, if so which denomination and why?

I'm a Christian, and I'm following the Christ's teachings. And it is up to you decide which religion you want to be. It's a free will between you and God. We cannot force anyone to pick a religion for anyone. As we do not practice sect. We respect anyone's rights.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

From the quote of Genesis 1:26, it looks like Loi is quoting from the King James Version of the bible. That is the version that mentions unicorns.

Loi, do you believe in unicorns?

• Heaven
    Heaven
    The original 'bible' doesn't exist. All we have now are translations.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    The OP makes a number of very unconvincing and unsubstantiated assertions. Very typical of religious folk.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Bible explains............God created everything.............. If you are an Atheist or worshipper of false god, then how can you be existed in this planet?

I will let the "false god" slight go, but I really shouldn't.

Anyway, there are many creation stories. And there are even non-creation stories. Yours is just one among many.

I like the one from the philosophy of Jainism. I probably won't ever support Jain because the swastika is so prominent in their symbols, and despite it's pre-Nazi existence, I really don't want people thinking I am a Nazi.

Anyway, Jainism does not support belief in a creator deity. According to Jain doctrine, the universe and its constituents—soul, matter, space, time, and principles of motion—have always existed. All the constituents and actions are governed by universal natural laws. It is not possible to create matter out of nothing and hence the sum total of matter in the universe remains the same (similar to law of conservation of mass). Jain text claims that the universe consists of Jiva (life force or souls) and Ajiva (lifeless objects). Similarly, the soul of each living being is unique and uncreated and has existed since beginningless time.

I could go on and on within your thread (and I may do so later) about the creation myths that are almost as strange, sometimes stranger than the myth from the Bible. But they all have this in common- they either say that something came from nothing or that something always existed without being created- all of them.

Many have outgrown Santa Claus and the tooth fairy and many have outgrown creation myth.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

You know the Bible itself a true message for all the people on earth.

Well what a terrible job your god has done, where 2 thirds of the world's population doesn't even recognize the bible as being his message. I'm not talking about believing in it, but not even believe it's god's word.

Certainly you must find this troubling. Even an average human writer when writing a book might not convince other humans of the message in the book, but convincing others he wrote it, is an easy task even for the lowest of all writers. Yet your god, creator of the entire universe, able to do anything he wants, is not able to convince the majority of us pesky humans that he wrote a book. Pathetic isn't it?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I choose the original Bible copy, not translation

No offense Loi_241, but it's really clear you haven't done even the most basic research on the Bible. Because we don't have an original copy of the Bible. Even worse, different types of Bibles have different numbers of books. For example, the NWT is a Protestant Bible - which was first put together in 1825 by the British and Foreign Bible Society. Prior to that, a Bible with only 66 books didn't exist.
    It's also why we can't find the book of Enoch, or 1st and 2nd Maccabees in the NWT. And it's also why the NWT doesn't have the account of Bell and the Dragon in the book of Daniel. Or any of the extensions to Esther either.
    Conversely, the books of Jude and Revelation used to NOT be included in the Bible. They weren't added until after the year 500. But the book Shepherd of Hermas used to be part of the New Testament.
    The problem is the Bible was never canonized. Everyone disagrees on what should - and shouldn't - be allowed in the Bible. Does that sound like the makings of a "true message" to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit