The Atheist Delusion

by looter 44 Replies latest jw friends

• looter
    looter

Atheist Delusion

Just want to know what the Ex jw community thinks about this video and also offer my pov. The video was actually an advertisement on here. I like that this video goes to show that the toughest to bring to faith are those with volitional objections. Sometimes individuals will hold on to them so long that it hurts them. They don’t want God to be true because they don’t want to submit themselves to any authority that would restrict their most cherished freedoms. Those who hold emotional objections to belief have usually been burned by believers and even Christians. I do think that logical believers have provided reasonable responses to every intellectual objection to the faith. All Christians have to do is read some and they will be ready to tackle these barriers with ease and, hopefully, with grace. But, this only goes for those who indeed have this situation not for those who reject God because they came to a their own conclusion. You know who you are.

• cofty
    cofty

Firstly don't try to choose your beliefs. Commit to examining the evidence and be committed to following it wherever it leads. Expose yourself to the very best arguments against your worldview.

There may be some people who reject god because of bad experiences. I know that isn't true for me. I was a born-again evangelical for almost a decade after I left the cult and I really believed I was saved. I reject faith because of the evidence. To say that atheists reject god because they don't want to be accountable is patronising.

The god of christian theism is beneath me as far as ethics are concerned. I have nothing to learn regarding morals from any christian.

I do think that logical believers have provided reasonable responses to every intellectual objection to the faith.

I have never heard any compelling arguments for theism at all. Not one single scrap of positive evidence. The standard of christian apologetics in general - and on this forum in particular - is dreadful.

On the other hand the evidence that the god of Jesus does not - cannot - exist is beyond reasonable doubt.

Here is a summary of one of many reasons that the god of Jesus is an impossibility...

PS - Ray Comfort is an imbecile.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They don’t want God to be true because they don’t want to submit themselves to any authority that would restrict their most cherished freedoms.

Image result for Thats just stupid

I do think that logical believers have provided reasonable responses to every intellectual objection to the faith. All Christians have to do is read some and they will be ready to tackle these barriers with ease..

Image result for technicolour dreaming

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Blunt as it may seem, I have to agree with Cofty and Outlaw.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I don't want to believe in the boogie man so I can be free to go out at night without the fear of being taken...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I do think that logical believers have provided reasonable responses to every intellectual objection to the faith.

Just because you think they are reasonable doesn't make them logical or factual. Stop confusing the these terms and you'll start to figure out why the Xian god isn't all that special when compared to the thousands of other gods out there.

• looter
    looter

Well, the arguments for theism are as put, reasonable. Everyone kind of thinks differently when matters conflict with their pure personal feelings on the matter at hand. I'd like to say that there are lots of sound debates for God but some just reject without even giving it a chance. Reasons such as there'd be a lot more skeletons around if there indeed was no God, as a lot more sodium chloride in the sea, and even how God possibly could have used evolution to create the earth since it was a long process of a few years. Also there is no evidence that God doesn't exist.

Not sure if you guys watched the video or not, but people were dumbfounded and you might even say blindsided when the people told them proof for a God. It's just an example of how no matter how much you think he doesn't exist, you could be very wrong.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    God possibly could have used evolution to create the earth since it was a long process of a few years.

Huh? Come on Looter. Please research what evolution is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

there are lots of sound debates for God but some just reject without even giving it a chance. Reasons such as

there'd be a lot more skeletons around if there indeed was no God..

Image result for god watching tv..Image result for you're a special kind of stupid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "Atheist Delusion" Trailer..

Did nothing more..

Than Advertise the "Atheist Delusion" Movie..

No Facts.....No Proof....Nothing!...Just.....Watch This Movie!..

It Could be About Squirrels..

THAT BELIEVE IN GOD..

Image result for can i get an amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit