I have to get this off my chest...cult equals guilible

by Sour Grapes 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

In churches, halls, auditoriums across the country and the world over, billions of gullible, comfort-craving believers see God's lame hand in the most trifling of matters and blithely ignore God's neglect and/or indifference in tragic matters that befall "His" people.

This recalls a centuries-old Latin saying, roughly translsted as, "The world wants to be deceived".

JWs share this gullibility trait with believers in practically all religious movements. There is not one group free from this vulnerability to highly selective "faith" building.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just like the elder and his wife (in my previous congregation) who said that they'd been praying to Jehovah that they'd get the new house they needed - and voila, their prayers were answered!

J.W.'s who make such statements are being blindly dismissive and contradictory of a scripture which they enjoy sharing with non-JW.'s :

(Acts 10:34) "At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial...."

God is suddenly partial to them, but not to others in need of life's necessities???

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...we believe in miracles now. We also have a choir. An idol has been placed on our Kingdom Halls (JW. org signs) and there is dancing and singing at the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls. Our parents are rolling over in their graves.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I had an elder from the local cong call on me a few years back and tell me he had met a dear friend of mine while on holiday in Essex. While I was puzzling who this was he gave me an address of a couple my husband knew when he grew up in London. I did drop her a line out of curiosity but I was quite straight with her saying I was surprised she wanted to get in touch as we left about twenty- five years previously and they promptly shunned us at the time.

She sent me this gushy letter about how it must be Jehovah guiding the elder to visit her KH on holiday as he lived near us and knew of us otherwise how could she have ever found us again! It must be Jehovah guiding it. Of course he knew of us, the whole damned circuit knew about the elder and his wife who'd pioneered for years and suddenly da'ed, we were infamous among JWs, we were a do not call. After several letters it turns out she knew where we lived anyway because her mum knew my husband's aunt. So she could have got in touch any time, without 'divine' help. Just bullshit because when she heard I was now a widow she probably thought it would be a good time to swoop in thinking I was vulnerable...... Er I mean in need of help.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When something good happens it is angelic direction, when something bad happens it is due to time and unforeseen occurrencses befall us all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit