Chrome or Edge Browser? Which is Better?

by KateWild 56 Replies latest forum tech-support

• KateWild
    KateWild

So I finally am on windows 10. My computer kept asking me and I kept refusing, but then it went to a countdown and before I had a chance to stop it, it was updating, and I couldn't use my laptop for the full 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ.

When I finally could use it, I had a problem opening Chrome with all my favourite apps or pages stored. Sometimes I have to open edge for for Chrome to open. But I have had a little go a edge.

Edge has a different search engine to Google, anyone know what it is? Is it bing? I haven't tried it yet but I will and have a post about what I think. If you have tried it what do you think?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I am a religious worshipper of all things Google, so Chrome it is.

Everything Microsoft is evil, especially their browsers that does not adhere to the HTML language standard that Microsoft helped create. Apparently they are important enough to break their own rules. Result: websites are designed incorrectly to work with Internet Explorer and Edge, and look broken in everything else....while all those other browse actually do work properly. /rant

Anyway, being an Chrome user I tried Edge a bit...works okay I guess, better than IE...but it's a conscience thing for me so I'm on Chrome.

Btw you can change the search engine in Edge: http://www.howtogeek.com/221709/how-to-change-your-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge/

• Landy
    Landy

I on the other hand am not a fan of Google Chrome - for me it's one big sales pitch for Google.

Firefox is a nice clean (ish) browser that does pretty much what it's supposed to.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

What Anders Andersen is not correct about Edge.

Edge is pretty much, pragmatically speaking, standards compliant, s/he is confusing Edge with Internet Explorer - which was not standards compliant and was a giant mess to develop for.

• zombie dub
  • KateWild
    KateWild

My friend uses Firefox browser. But he still uses Google search engine.

What search engine do you use Landy? Bing?

• Landy
    Landy

I still use Google as as search engine - it's probably still the best.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Zombie dub,

You're a mentally diseased apostate! I can't hear you! :-D

Or...I stand corrected. Microsoft is still evil though:-p

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ok thanks guys I think I am going to stick to Chrome. I either need a new pc because Windows 10 has slowed it down. Or faster internet.

But I don't know how to measure the speed of my internet and it seems to be okay on other devices.

• Landy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit