Julián Assange—What’s Your Opinion of His Situation?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

No,,, Trump doesn’t wanna remember. Lol

• cofty
    cofty

Investigative reporting is important and should be protected. Assange is no investigative reporter. He dumped masses of secrets into the public domain - some of which needed to be exposed but much of it did not. He harmed governments for no good reason, assisted the GRU, and put the lives of security personnel at risk. He is a narcissist.

Trump is conflicted for obvious reasons.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

There will be 1000 more just like him. They are just warming up.

And I couldn’t be happier.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm concerned about his cat.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Why Nat do you think he's being mistreated?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm for as much leniency towards him, I'm really not a patriot of any country's government, and realize the financial loss or political embarrassment he may have caused but I hope the public right to know certain a some of these things its government is doing tapers his judgement by other governments and not over react to this issue. I think it would send a good message to those they rule over.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It has been suggested by some of Julian's associates that Julian adopted the cat to enhance Julian's public image and the people in the embassy have said that the cat was not well cared-for and was moved out of the embassy about a year ago. The embassy sad,"We're not a pet store."

By most accounts, Julian wore out his welcome in the Embassy pretty thoroughly.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A report on a TV station this morning stated that it cost the Embassy 9 Million dollars to keep him for 7 years ?Most of which was for security .

I think I would go mad if I was cooped up in one place for 7 years .

Hang on I was a JW for 33 years

• kairos
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't know much about WikiLeaks but I do have a few questions ...

Does WikiLeaks have an agenda or are they politically neutral?

Does WikiLeaks leak sensitive info on the US only, or do they leak stuff on other countries, too?

If they do leak stuff on other countries, do they leak stuff at the same rate as they do America?

Some of their leaks may indeed be useful and show American corruption, but in this age of war on terror, have any of their leaks endangered US security or put the lives of members of US authorities in danger? ... or endangered the lives of US allies, such as Afghan interpreters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit