Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Dr. Munr Kazmir criticized Rubin for being "completely against policies she herself had championed for seemingly no other reason than Trump being in favor of them".

Quite simply, she is an emotional "Never Trumper" that will turn against support on anything if Trump supports it. She is an emotional thinker. Hm, isn't that what a cult mind does, think in emotional terms instead of factual and rational ones?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

nonjwspouse, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek funny. Given the reason most of are on this forum.

But here is an interesting interview on a great website source for recovery from high control groups.

https://freedomofmind.com/political-cults-leadership-idealism-and-totalism-a-discussion-with-dennis-tourish-ph-d/

• minimus
    minimus

Just to put things in perspective, only if Trump says something do people rail against it. It could be very reasonable but because Trump endorses it, it’s dog shit.

When a Democrat shoots up a place , no Democrats get blame for what they do. It’s simply Trump’s fault.

I think most intelligent people can see through the dishonesty. Those that willfully blind themselves suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome. They are the extremists and crazy in their venomous hate.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Rubin’s latest guest, Brendan O’Neill, said it in an interesting way: “The conclusion I’ve come to is that identity politics is a gateway drug to actual racism.”

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Minimus, you may not want to accept it but your comment suggests a confirmation bias. When a left wing terrorist acts like the 2017 Congressional baseball game shooting, I never saw anything like you describe. I saw open reporting of his motives and his political leanings. Such as:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Congressional_baseball_shooting

A persecution complex wherein one sees enemies in anyone who disagrees is a hallmark of cultish mindset. This can happen to anyone from any background but note that here also the concern is a developing persecution complex within the Republican party (down a ways in the article) :

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Persecution_complex

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@flipper:

So the El Paso shooter writes a manifesto in which he explicitly denies any motivation from Trump. He even says that he knows it’s likely the media won’t believe him and that they will blame Trump anyway.

So where do we go from here, flipper? The shooter himself has said there was no influence, that he held these views long before Trump, and this was a long time coming. But for you if we take the shooter at his word, it is ‘sticking our head in the sand’?

So I wonder, what is the “similar rhetoric” you refer to? Are you just trusting mainstream sources that he is echoing Trump?

• Simon
    Simon

Flipper: goes for you too - we're not CNN, this is not where you come to post your fake news conspiracy nonsense that has already been debunked.

If you can point to actual racist rhetoric, that is in context, then post it. You don't get to claim someone saying "good morning" is racist though, just because you believe it has some hidden meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit