Just the Flu eh?

by Slidin Fast 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just the Flu eh? - people die of flu, too.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sure they do, that's why I have an annual flu jab.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@slidin fast: some people just get unlucky. They die of the flu anyways or have complications from the shot. That’s life. These propaganda articles are just like JW WT articles. “I wish I found jehoover sooner”, you make a decision, you live with it, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t.

Statistically speaking it is unlikely that you will die from COVID if you’re under the age of 65, statistically speaking it is likely you have natural immunity, statistically speaking you can still get it with a vaccine but hunting down the one person that died doesn’t prove that they wouldn’t have died if they were vaccinated, they don’t seem to make stories about all the other statistical outliers either, hell, they bury the stories about kids dying from enlarged heart after the vaccine.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Statistically speaking you would be more likely to live than get smallpox. It didn't kill the entire population of the world. Statistically speaking you wouldn't have died of polio TB or measles. That doesn't make the vaccination against those diseases any thing less than a great move forward in the application of medical science for human health.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You're drawing a false equivalence. Polio, measles and smallpox killed a LOT more people as the diseases were not only more deadly, they were also more transmissible. COVID is a coronavirus, we get those all the time, we get cold and flu, some more transmissible than others. There have been years where flu pandemics happened.

Yes, it's great they eventually got vaccines, but the development of those vaccines were controlled, took a long time and had many, many missteps that were eventually corrected. Yet we're to believe that these experimental vaccines are 100% safe. I would be more than happy if there was a 'regular' vaccine for COVID, yet this is not allowed in the US, we have to take an experimental vaccine system that hasn't been proven yet and over the last 50 years of development has never worked (there are various mRNA trials for HIV in the last few decades).

It's called a risk assessment, the risk of you dying is lower if you do x than when you do z, that doesn't make it the wrong decision if you do x and z still happens. Everyone has access to the same information, yet some entities are actively suppressing the necessary information and putting out wrong information. The CDC is for example making decisions based on what the school unions think will be financially beneficial to them and their members, ignoring the science.

Even if you believe the vaccines work, why is so much effort being put into shaping the message on social media and news outlets? Why aren't we talking about the women who start having irregular periods, or the potential deaths and the rates of complications? It doesn't inspire confidence if there is one side trying to suppress information, it always leads to questions of "why". That is what drives vaccine hesitancy.

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Stop making sense, Anony. The point isnt that logic or reason should used in making these determinations, the point is someone FEELS something and FEELING that you need an experimental and ineffective vaccine against a fairly benign disease is all thats counts. Whats more, its not enough that they take their ineffective vaccine, they need to FEEL good that you it too. After all, “they” know best.

• TD
    TD

The smallpox vaccines (APSV, Imvanex, and the more recent ACAM2000) were not injections. They were administered with a specialized instrument that left multiple pin-pricks in a dime-sized pattern, usually on the skin of your upper arm. The recipient develops a single pustule, that usually leaves a scar.

Back in the day, people were terrified of this procedure, but it was a requirement to attend public school.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Great story to push to the front, in order to panic everyone into getting a pair of shots that is just about guaranteed to cause them permanent and serious disability within a few years. You don't hear how many who pushed and shoved in front of the lines, and couldn't wait to get their torture shots, that ended up getting sick and are now in wheelchairs and in severe pain, from those shots.

I would rather continue playing with the odds and not get those torture shots. True, this could be fatal--and so could I get stung by a regular bee and die from that, too. (And the odds are about the same.) As for that Delta variant, for someone that takes no quercetin and is not vaccinated, it is about as dangerous as chicken pox. If you take the quercetin, the danger drops to about what you might expect from a mild bout with poison ivy. A nuisance, at worst. And I wonder how many people got their torture shots, ruined their immune system, and are now very sick or dead from the delta variant--which kills mostly those who took the shots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit